Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Storing the small stuff

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Storing the small stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:27 AM
SPLIT S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Storing the small stuff

I'm in the process of trying to get my shop a bit more organized but I'm struggling with how to deal with all the small odds and ends that we all aquire over the years from all the kit building. You know, the countless screws, horns, linkages and the like. I have 3 of those plastic drawer organizers that are over flowing and am starting to think pegboard. But then I'm picturing an acre of pegboard. My shop is on the small side but I would really like to keep things where I can actually see them. I have a tendency to put things away and then completely forget I have them when I need them. How do the rest of us kit builders keep things organized? I suspect I'm not alone on this....

Dan
Old 12-15-2007, 09:50 AM
delman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Storing the small stuff

I have some of those organizers and also bought a work station rolling tool box for my modeling items [the bottom half of a rolling tool box combo].
Old 12-15-2007, 05:37 PM
fozjared

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...rts+Organizing
Old 12-15-2007, 06:34 PM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate the organizers with drawers. Can't tell what's where. And the ones with movable compartments are a problem too, the movable pieces lift up and stuff slides underneath.

I much prefer the ones with small individual compartments with a lift lid. You can see what's where and there's plenty space for lots of little parts. Room for lots of little screws all divided by size.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:04 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

I use that organizer from sears (the link above) and label each drawer, makes life real easy! You can pick up a decent labeler from your local office supply store for about $30 - it's well worth it!
Old 12-15-2007, 08:25 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out the sporting section of Walmart, they have some neat fishing gear boxes of all sizes that really work well. Also the craft section has some goodies. I use a couple of the fishing lure boxes that have sepreate little compartments ( not insert type ) that really work good. I also use some of the drawer type stackable boxes from the stationary section. Cigar boxes also work for some things. Lots of peg board and magnetic tool holders from Home depot etc. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 12-16-2007, 01:24 AM
housedad

I use 3 of these Plust I have two drug carts with 24 drawers each that I got from a hospital dumpster dive.

Stanley® Double Sided Tool Organizer

Available at Home Depot for less than 25 bucks. Take a look at it when you go to HD. you might like it for your use.

There are two sizes, a small one and large. HD has the large, and Kmart has the small. The pic above is the smaller one.