Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

?? Why is O S putting big mufflers on their four strokes

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

?? Why is O S putting big mufflers on their four strokes

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Whistling Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ?? Why is O S putting big mufflers on their four strokes

I like the new design. You can turn the exhaust nozzle 360 degrees. I think I will get one for my RV-4 since it will shoot the exhaust out of the cowl better.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Lomcevak Duck
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey you know, that film The Deliverence has painted a picture of rural USA that has us European visitors to your country clinging onto big city urban lifestyle like an Alabama tic! Don't you dare set foot out side the city boundries! Unless you wish to be Rogered senseless in a swamp.
That's right. We have things in our swamps that eat Europeans as appetizers. Mostly, Georgians.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: Lomcevak Duck

Hey you know, that film The Deliverence has painted a picture of rural USA that has us European visitors to your country clinging onto big city urban lifestyle like an Alabama tic! Don't you dare set foot out side the city boundries! Unless you wish to be Rogered senseless in a swamp.
That's right. We have things in our swamps that eat Europeans as appetizers. Mostly, Georgians.

Well bla bla, you done stirred up a folks south of Macon Ga!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The latest Model Aviation magazine from the AMA has an article on the new Alpha and it shows the muffler as being "compact" compared to the olders style muffler.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:35 PM
bla bla

I can understand that as the entire muffler is joined the the cylinder by a short stub instead of the long header tube and then the tube/pot type muffler added on the end of that.
No, I like what I saw. It was certainly a larger, real chamber instead of the tube/oil deflector I've refered to. Yet at the same time appeared more compacted as an assembly compared to the MKI's that, lets face it, haven't seen any type of design development since the launch of the modern model 4 stroke decades ago!
It's a step forward.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

If you want a nice looking and "realistic" sounding 4-stroke muffler for most all of the 4 cycle motors, check out Performance Specialties mufflers at http://www.pspec.com/
Nice looking, reasonably priced, Dave has several different engine/muffler elbows combinations to go with them.
Red Baron Gary