Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Never Used Magnum GP SE .65 Need's->

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Never Used Magnum GP SE .65 Need's->

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Mike AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never Used Magnum GP SE .65 Need's->

The Fuel Adjusting Screw, and rachet clicker that goes over the screw itself ? Will one out of a TT.61 fit into this engine ? This Magnum is brandnew, and has never seen or tasted glow fuel ever. I also need the Muffler bolts for it, and don't know what size they are either ? Any help would be appreciated greatly ? I'm using this engine in a TopFlite F4U Corsair 62" WingSpan.

Mike AM...
Old 02-17-2008, 04:21 PM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Never Used Magnum GP SE .65 Need's->

I'm flying the same engine and last month lost the carbureter rotor bolt. I was also missing the spring you need for the needle valve.

Parts for this engine are tough to come by so I tried ordering the corresponding parts for the Magnum XL 61AR. They fit and got me back in the air.

Scroll down to the Magnum section on this page http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/part/partsndx.asp and see if any of the needle valves look like the one you need. The needle valve assembly listed for the 61AR might work for you. I would imagine that you could find appropriate muffler bolts there too.

Dave
Old 02-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Mike AM

Thank you for the link. This engine has never seen fuel, but has a used needle screw adjuster in it.

Mike AM
Old 02-17-2008, 10:50 PM
dbacque

It's a good engine. Mine was new in box when I put it in my Dirty Birdy a year and a half ago. I've run many gallons of fuel through it now and it's as solid as any engine I've ever flown.

I tried calling them and asking which parts fit this engine but they didn't have any info on the SE so I guessed and got lucky.

Dave
Old 02-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Mike AM

Here's a pic of the Magnum like I have below here. The thing is that needle screw is where the arrow is pointing at. But does anyone know the diameter of the carburator so maybe I could possibly change the carb out for another one with the same diameter base ? Maybe out of a same sized engine or similar sized engine ? Thank's for any responces The thing is I would rather get the Needle Screw if possible for this engine if one would fit ? They say at that place from that link that it won't work. I think the guy who responded to me via e-mail from that company didn't know himself.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43568.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	883148  
Old 02-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Mike AM

Do any of you guy's know how to remove the Carburator on this Magnum GP SE .65 ? There's that one screw but it doesn't do anything at all. Unless its got to be turned somehow and its got a bevel on its shaft but I can't get it to turn once the Nut is removed off of it. Help ? What I'm trying to do is see if I can find another whole Carb to replace this one in it with that Needle Adjusting Screw. Any idea's ? I was going to measure the Carb's Diameter and lenght, and where-ever that bevel goes through it. Help ?

Mike AM...
Old 02-20-2008, 04:01 PM
dbacque

Mike,

Loosening the nut from the retaining bolt should loosen the carb. You won't be able to remove the bolt until after the carb is removed. There's a cutout in the bolt that pulls against the carb when the nut is tightened down. So with the nut loose, you should just be able to pull the carb out.

Dave
Old 02-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Mike AM

I appoligize for all of these questions i've got here. You see i've been out of this R/C Hobby for around since 1980 there abouts. The biggest engine i used back then was an Enya .10 or .15 forgot. I'm not use to these bigger engines used today. I did unloosen that nut and removed it. But, the bolt wouldn't budge a hair. It's like its stuck in there, and i don't want to break it off in there by no means. So maybe if i just unscrew that bolt and take it off, and then try to wriggle the Carb around possibly eh ? Will that work maybe ? What i want to get is its measurements and see if theres another Carb that'll fit into its hole. Like measure its lenght, width,diameter. And were that slot goes across its backside. Ok, i'll try it out and see what happens.[sm=drowning.gif]

Mike AM...
Old 02-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Mike,
Dave gave you a great tip in post #2.
Why don't you call them at 714-963-0329, and tell them that you want to order part number 281901, "Needle valve detent spring", and get one on order? They also list a fax number on the website.

According to the Magnum parts list on their website, all magnum engines use the same spring you are looking for.
They are very cheap too....a whole $1.29 USD. plus shipping.
They also have the needle valve seat and needle, and needle valve o-rings.

Global is part of Hobby People.....they keep a selection of parts in all of their retail stores too. The closest store to you (in the USA) probably has a few of them.

To remove the carb, after you loosten the drawbar nut, just push the threaded end of the drawbar inward a small amount.
The carb will lift out.

Harley Condra
BVM REP
JetCat REP
Old 02-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Mike AM

Thank's Harley Condra,
I got it out with minimul problems. I've got all measurements off of the Carburator with a Verneer electronic one. Thank's Again Guy's...

Mike AM...
Old 03-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Jeager

I too have a new Magnum GP.65 SE RC engine for which, I have lost the needle valve. ( I have had the engine for many years and put it in a new P51 before I realized that I was missing the needle valve and muffler. I bought an in cowl muffler but can't find the needle valve. I bought a Magnum XL61AR replacement needle (12860) on line but it seems very loose in the valve body thread and does not seat / seal before it bottoms out. According to Internet resources it should have been a replacement to the Magnum of Thunder Tiger version of the Magnum but it does not fit properly. I also emailed Thunder Tiger and although they made the Magnum engines, they no longer have any parts available for the GP.61.