Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Shipping a large box?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Shipping a large box?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 03:39 AM
RCmaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping a large box?

I have a Tower Hobbies Uproar 40. I recently thought I had it sold. Plane and engine for $200 shipped. The problem was the unremovable wing. Because of this,this small,3.5 lb plane had to go into a huge box. (51"x 43"x 14") I went to the post office,UPS, and Fedex. They said it had to go freight because It was too big. I checked with Central Freight and they would take it,but would only insure it for $1.25 per lb. The cost to send it from Texas to Illinois would be about $150!! The whole box weighed less than 15 lbs. The moral of this story is, check shipping costs before committing yourself!! Luckily, the gentleman that I made the deal with was understanding. I just have to return his money order when I get it. Whew! I would only have $50 for my plane and engine.
Old 03-09-2002, 03:52 AM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

Moral of the story is "Sell locally" Daz...
Old 03-09-2002, 05:57 AM
slam

AND unless it was a wooden crate the buyer would have received $200 worth of fire starter!
Old 03-09-2002, 12:05 PM
RC_Junky
My Feedback: (1)

Try Grayhound. I found myself in almost the same situation once and had the bus suggested from someone on one of these forums. It was very reasonable and fast. Good luck.