Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

morris the knife with os .61

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

morris the knife with os .61

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 02:21 PM
fozjared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default morris the knife with os .61

crashed my yak yesterday, i was flying it as fast as it would go for a full 11 oz. tank and on the last fast dive/pass approaching 100mph i noticed some flutter of the left elevator section, but it was too late, the left side elevator flew off and it was going too fast and too low to do anything but belly flop the plane in. the wings are in near perfect condition as well as the rudder and the left side elevator, the fuse was toast...

but anyway, now i have an os .61 available and i have a friend that gave me a morris knife with a 44 inch wingspan, but a huge thick chord and he says that he was going to put a .61 on it anyway, but the box says .32-.49 so i just wanted to get an opinion on putting a .61 on this plane for learning 3d.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:33 PM
R/CBOONE72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: morris the knife with os .61

Why in the world were you making a 3D airplane go so fast, it usally says in the book they are extra bad about flutter. Any ways, I have the su-koi from morris or whatever its called, I have a .45 MVVS in it. If you put a .61 in it, it wil be a little squerly, heavily wing loaded. Wont hover the best, get your CG right and use throttle management, DONT GO FAST with an aiplane with big surfaces. I put big engines in things all the time, just have to watch it close, makes it more unpredictable.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:48 PM
fozjared

yeah i learned my lesson, i just loved to see that thing come screaming across the runway, man it was fast! i would guess that during a dive pass it would reach 100 mph! nitroplanes has the same yak 54 that i bought from texasrcplanes.com for a little more money so i got it from texasrcplanes.com.. but when i looked on nitroplanes.com about my yak 54 it said fast 3d airplane!? but anyway, i wont be flying this knife the speeds was flying the yak at, that is if i can resist.. maybe i just need to get a fast plane? maybe a sundowner? aren't those made to go fast? i dont want a jet so dont recommend that, i just want a fast prop plane for a reasonable price, any recommendations?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:45 PM
jship
My Feedback: (4)

I have both the knife and the su-koi by Morris hobbies. You do not want a 61 in either one. I have had a Tower 46 in both. Today i am runing a Mag 75 4c on the knife with a 15x4 prop. This seems to be a good set up. You will not get away with speed on the knife.

The su-koi is very fast even with a 46 and 12x3.5 prop.
john

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53321.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	992979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96204.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	992980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96900.jpg
Views:	25