Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Perry Pump Question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Perry Pump Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 02:54 PM
BrandonHarmon
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perry Pump Question

Hello all,
I have a plane with the fuel tank mounted above the carb on an inverted engine. Will a Perry pump (v-20) help any? I know that dropping the tank would be the best thing but it wouln't be easy. I was thinking that the pump would even out the fuel flow and help on flooding while at idle. Any thoughts on this would be helpful as I have never used a pump before.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:41 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do a search in the engine section .....

there is a lot of good advice here about perry/cline pumping systems as well as inverted engines and tank location !!
Old 04-30-2003, 03:03 AM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

lets see ,if your fuel tank is higher than your carb you are goung to flood out no matter what you do.the perry or cline will not stop this as they don't have a valving action when not in use.i would drop my tank as close to the carb level as i could and then run my fuel line thru a fueler that i could put the plug in when not running the motor
Old 04-30-2003, 03:41 PM
BrandonHarmon
My Feedback: (33)

Default Got some good info-thanks

I already do the plug in the fuel line trick, I am going to exchange my vp-20 pump for one of the ones that run off the crankcase pressure. From what I have heard that will Help some sense it is a regulating pump.

All else fails I will do surgery on the plane and drop the tank.

Thanks again,
me
Old 05-07-2003, 11:13 PM
pjwright

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I read the poop on the Cline Proportional Control Fuel System correctly, it is supposed to take care of your problem, Brandon. See what you think:
http://www.billsroom.com/pcfs/fuelsysdesc.htm
The fact that the system uses a check valve, and acts on carb demand only seems to overcome the gravity issue.
pj