Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Mufler Fitting

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 06:53 PM
FCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mufler Fitting

I have a problem with the fitting of pitts style mufler in the super chipmunk cowl. I have made the appropriate openings for engine/mufler but the mufler ends are exposed well enough which I don't like. The engine is side mounted with the mufler under it.

How you guys fininsh this up...
Old 03-10-2002, 07:10 PM
Jazzy

Default Mufler Fitting

Do you mean the exhaust tube ends? If so, cut'em off where you want them. (You'll get more residue on your plane though).
Got a pic?
Old 03-11-2002, 05:00 AM
FCC

Default Mufler Fitting

No I canot cut them off as they are the ends (corners) of the main cylinder just under the engine outlet, not the exhaust pipes.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:07 PM
Jazzy

Default Mufler Fitting

From the sounds of it you have three options. Listed from easiest to most difficult.

1. Get a dremel and grind out the cowl a little more. The muff. is under the head anyway. You really won't notice it when the plane is trolling around the sky.

2. Try a different muffler.

3. Remove the muff. and carefully grind off what you don't like-keeping very close tabs on the thickness of the area you're working on.

Sounds like a Slimline. They do have a little extra AL at the point your talking about. You can try grinding but, be careful.