Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Sig Hog Bipe question...

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sig Hog Bipe question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Jester241

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Hog Bipe question...

Ok,are any of you guys familiar with the Sig Hog Bipe? I'm in the middle of building one and have to make a decision whether or not to go with the planned 1 servo in the middle to control all the ailerons or to go with the optional duel servo setup. I originally planned on going with the option duel setup,but with all the crap I'm going to be putting in this Hog(heavy engine,onboard glow with extra battery pack,charge jacks etc.).....I'm thinking my this "hog" is going to already have more weigh then it should and I dont want to overload it with an extra servo setup if I dont have to.

So,I was thinking about just putting in one High Torque Futaba 3010 servo instead of the duel setup. The engine will be a Thunder Tiger .91 4-stroke. So you think the the 3010 will enough,or do I need to go with the duel setup.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:01 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Sig Hog Bipe question...

Definitely do the dual servo modification. I've had 3 Sig Pigs and all but the first one have had dual servos. You can definitely tell the difference when you add the second servo in. It's well worth the modification.

Ken
Old 05-20-2008, 08:21 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I test flew one of these a couple of weeks ago and it was one sweet airplane. It had a Tower .75 in it and was a delight to fly. Now I did not notice what his setup was but I would recommend the xtra servo as well. It will be easier to keep the linkage tight. The more connections the more likely you are to develop slop. You will love your new plane.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Jester241

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

You will love your new plane.

....Boy,I hope so. I just dont want this "pig" to weigh too much,but if Ken says duel servos.....then it looks like I'm going duel,lol. It does seem like alot of ailerons and linkages for one servo.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:49 PM
aa2dd

go with the two servos. I started flying mine with one and then changed to two, and like it much better.

you are going to love the way if flies.

Bruce
Old 05-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Jester241

,you know.......everyone says how much fun a hog is to fly.....but why? I mean,what makes a hog more fun than some planes? I'm guessing not too many people can tell me why because some things you just cant explain. Such as if you know me.........you know how much I love my big stick. Dont really know why,I just do. Is this how it is with a Hog,or can someone explain it? [8D]

OINK!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:58 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have not flown it much other than for an initial test\trim flight but I can say that it just handeled well. It responded well on the ground. It tracked very well on takeoff and was very easy to land. It did lose speed with low throttle (typical with bipes) but settled in for a very easy, perfect landing. I did fly it inverted some and this was nice as well.
The hog is a nice, easy going sport bipe and is a very nice plane. I was slightly tempted to get one myself but I just got an Ultimate. Just a little more my style.
Good luck with your new plane and your engine combo should work great.