Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

What is this plane??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What is this plane??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:00 PM
rtstestpilot
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this plane??

Hi everyone, I'm needing help trying to find out info on a ARC that was bought at an auction by one of the guys in our club. It needs a vertical stab. , canopy and a few other things. It has "made in mexico" on the rear of the fuse and appears to be some kind of aerobatic craft. If anyone knows what it is or has any links or photos of a finished one I would love to know. It has my curiosity up and he really wants to finish it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Todd
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82229.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	960553   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43180.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	960554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Do81206.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	960555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hy33805.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	960556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xw36160.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	960557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bo69054.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	960558  
Old 05-30-2008, 11:29 PM
micsrcfn

Default RE: What is this plane??

Hi rts,It looks like my G Shark that I have had for a looong time. Works well with 60-80 oz servos on 4.8 volts and a Q 42 cdi. Not much better than that, as for cheap. And it flys very well too.

Mic
Old 05-31-2008, 03:44 PM
rtstestpilot

Hey, thanks alot micsrcfn!!! This really helps. My curiosity is cured and he will be able to complete the model. I'll call him right now and give him the news. At least he will be able to find the parts he will need. It looks like a sleek craft; I thought the head on veiw of the cowl looked like an open catfish mouth complete with the gills at the back by the fuse. Thanks again, Todd
Old 06-01-2008, 08:52 AM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Sorry, that's not a G-shark... The G-shark is a low wing, not a mid wing.

Aeropro G-shark

It is however, an Aeropro kit! It is a Laser 200!

Aeropro Laser 200

Here's a review of it: http://webpages.charter.net/rcfu/Kit...PLaser200.html

btw,
The Aeropro Laser was only 68" in length. The review has the length listed as 78". I built one of them back in the early 1990's. It was a great flying plane with a G-62 on it!

Doug
Old 06-01-2008, 11:14 PM
rtstestpilot

Thank you so very much firstplaceaviator, you hit the nail right on the head! The g shark didn't look quite right in the cowl. I didn't notice that it wasn't a midwing because I was concentrating on the cowl. Thank you once again, Todd
Old 06-02-2008, 06:48 AM
firstplaceaviator

Anytime Todd! [8D]
Originally, I was going to install a Supertigre 3000. The problem was that it needed a pound of lead in the nose to get the CG in tolerance! So, the G-62 was chosen as it didn't need any additional nose weight. the G-62 also provided unlimited vertical.
Doug
Old 06-02-2008, 10:21 AM
rtstestpilot

Hey Doug, I hate to bother you any more but you wouldn't happen to know what the throws and other info. would be would you. I have looked around a little and haven't seen anything yet. I would really like to get ahold of the manual for my flying buddy since he still has to make the ail. and vert. stab.w/ rudder. Thanks again so very much, Todd
Old 06-03-2008, 06:56 AM
micsrcfn

Hi firstplace,

Yup, my bad! Missed the midwing thing.

Mic

Old 06-03-2008, 08:38 AM
firstplaceaviator

Hey Doug, I hate to bother you any more but you wouldn't happen to know what the throws and other info. would be would you. I have looked around a little and haven't seen anything yet. I would really like to get ahold of the manual for my flying buddy since he still has to make the ail. and vert. stab.w/ rudder. Thanks again so very much, Todd
No bother,
I went through my old manuals last night. I couldn't find the manual for the laser.[] If I remember right the CG was right on the spar. I could be wrong, I have built several Lasers! For the ailerons and rudder, i just use as much throw as I can get and dial down the dual rates till it "looks about right"... Elevator throw is another story. I don't remember the recommended throw. I have built enough Lasers to know that too much throw will result in a snap roll!!! I would start with 1" in either direction and dial it up until it snaps with full up, then i would back it off just enough to prevent inadvertent snap rolls.
Doug
Old 06-03-2008, 08:46 AM
firstplaceaviator

Hi firstplace,

Yup, my bad! Missed the midwing thing.

Mic
I have been addicted to airplanes since before I could walk. My dad said that my first word was Cessna, as I pointed at one flying over... (True?? I don't know ) I have an uncanny ability to recognize and recall just about every plane I have ever seen. I am now 34 and own a full scale maintenance shop and a basement racked with models. Any time anyone needs a plane identified, I am always happy to help!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:56 PM
rtstestpilot

That's pretty much what I do with my throws. I tend to go a little on the aggresive side, I prefer to have it and not need it rather than the other way around. He on the other hand would rather start where the designer spec'd it and go from there. Thanks for all the info Doug, I really appreciate it! Todd
Old 06-17-2008, 02:14 PM
PROP_EATER

Looks sort of like a wooden sundowner..lol nice though.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:08 PM
rtstestpilot

Would any body out there happen to have a manual or set of plans for the Aeropro Laser 200? My buddy still has to build the vertical stab along with a few other small things and would really like to build it the way it is supposed to be even though it looks basically like one of the horizontal stabs. Thanks, Todd