Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

st g75 stalling

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

st g75 stalling

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 09:14 AM
waterloged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default st g75 stalling

[&o] Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated... I have a new ST G75 with a pitts exhaust on it because i can not put the original muffler on it. I have a perrry v30 pump on it, the problem is it stall at high speed, low speed at any speed. It restarts by flipping the prop once. I thought it was running out of fuel but it has to have fuel to restart on the first flip. I have the fill line to the tank, a carb line and a short vent line just sticking outside the cowl. I am conserned about the vent line, is there a special way to put ot make the vent line? It is a brand new engine with about 6 tanks of fuel through it and it seems to idle good sitting on the bench as the high speed works good on the bench. My stall problem is in level flight full or 1/2 tank does'nt make any difference. I'm running "Morgan cool power 10%" I already checked my fuel filter, fuel lines and tore my carb apart and cleaned it even though i found nonthing in them. Is there any special way to run the vent line? I have tried several different glow plugs, adjusting the high and low mixture jets, I have the pressure line tapp on the pitts pluged off because i have the pump on it.
Thank you in advance... waterloged
Old 06-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: st g75 stalling

Common problem on Chinese made ST's. I have a 75 that did the same thing. I read if you line the fuel nipple on the carb so it points directly at the front mount hole, it helps. I haven't mounted mine on another plane to test this, though.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:38 PM
mattman683

Take your tank out and make sure all of your lines are connected properly. Also make sure your vent tube bends up towards the bottom of the tank.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:51 AM
waterloged

I have done that, and no change. Thanks though. Do you know if there is any length or place to put the vent line? i have the line hanging out beside the cylinder flopping in the air.
Thanks again.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: waterloged

I have done that, and no change. Thanks though. Do you know if there is any length or place to put the vent line? i have the line hanging out beside the cylinder flopping in the air.
Thanks again.
The tank vent should be connected to the muffler. If that isn't connected, that's your problem. Are you new to this?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:12 AM
waterloged

No the tank line has to unpluged right now as i'm useing a perry fuel pump. You don't want to have muffler pressure with a fuel pump also according to perry. [X(]
Old 06-06-2008, 08:41 AM
broke_n_bummin

sounds like it may be running a tad rich. Have you read this? http://www.supertigre.com/faq/product-faq.html#q22
Also, new ST's don't like alot of nitro. Every new Chinese ST I have owned would run like crap on anything more than 10% nitro until it's broke in good. Sometimes a 4 stroke plug can help ... they're alot cooler than a #8 and will run much smoother on higher nitro fuel.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:13 PM
waterloged

Hi, I tried tuneing that way and it helps, just likes to quit after ideling and going for throttle up or comming down on idle. The guys at the field tell me it may need more breaking in. I'll keep trying. Thanks...