Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

evolution engines

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

evolution engines

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:21 PM
ahk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evolution engines

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with evolution .52 and up engines just cutting out for no reason.
I have a .46 no problems but my .52 cuts out for no reason,i know of two local guys that are having the same problem but with .100,.46.
Side note ,my engine was new but the remote needle felt sloppy so after the third shut down i changed the whole remote assembly,didn't do anything.

Anyone else come across this problem and if so did anyone figure out what the cause is?[sm=confused_smile.gif]
Old 10-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Bob Mitchell

Default RE: evolution engines

ORIGINAL: ahk

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with evolution .52 and up engines just cutting out for no reason.
I have a .46 no problems but my .52 cuts out for no reason,i know of two local guys that are having the same problem but with .100,.46.
Side note ,my engine was new but the remote needle felt sloppy so after the third shut down i changed the whole remote assembly,didn't do anything.

Anyone else come across this problem and if so did anyone figure out what the cause is?[sm=confused_smile.gif]
I've got a 61NT on my Alpha, and it's never given me a lick of trouble. I'm pretty new at this so it's not like I'm an expert in getting it tuned just right, etc.

I prime it, connect the glow igniter, and flip it backward off of compression to get it started. When cold it takes a few flips, after that each flight of the day is a one or two flip affair.

The only reason I bought the OS for the Sig is because I've heard so much good about them and wanted to give one a try.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:07 PM
albsurfer

The early 1.00 NX engines came from the factory minus a carb o-ring.  Supposedly, that has been remedied on the newer ones.  One thing I read in a couple of posts for the 1.00 and .61 was that you should loosen the carb retainer, press the carb down as firm as you can, then tighten the retainer up to prevent AIR LEAKS.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:28 PM
BadSplice
My Feedback: (1)

My Dad and Ihave a couple of evolution 46s and a 52. The only problems Ihave had with the 46s is if the carb gets something clogged in the inlet. (not the engines fault) What happens is it seems to run fine until about 1/2 throttle, then it cuts out as if its too lean, (which it is) and no amount of turning the HS needle will fix it. Other than that they run just great and put out plenty of power.
The 52 has run even better, although it came from the factory with the idle stop screw too far in, keeping the carb from closing all the way. Couldn't get the engine to shut down at first until Ifound this, backed it out a turn, and problem solved.