Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

anyone know this motor

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

anyone know this motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:07 AM
keye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know this motor

Gentlemen..I am fairly new at the hobby and loving evert minute of it..I have a evo 46 nt and just ordered a super tiger 51...the price was great..someday I will get a saito 4 c my question is I just picked up a COMO .61 2 c off ebay for 47 dollars the guy stated that it is in excellent con. is this a fairly older motor????? and it does not bring a glow plug, how would I determine which plug it would take.....knowing its ebay I have taken a chance but for the cost I deemed it chancable.....I am building a annivasary piper cub that will take the 51 s/tiger.....this 61 if a good motor would be going into a p51 mustang that I bought 1/2 finished...later in the year after the cub I thank ya;s
Old 10-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: anyone know this motor

The engine is identical to a Supertigre from the same timeframe. As I understand it, COMO is an abbreviation for "Company Motor". The COMO engines were produced by Supertigre.

Any two stroke glow plug will work in it. The plug I believe to be the best is the McCoy MC9. This plug is also sold with Hangar 9 labeling but it is still called an MC9.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 AM
keye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anyone know this motor

thanx for the quick reply....