Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Pull pull

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 07:09 PM
FCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull pull

How effective is the pull pull system specially on rudder? I need some planes/photos how to make this system efficient and tight for perfect control.
Old 03-18-2002, 07:54 PM
seafury_fb11

Default Pull pull

FCC,
A Pull-Pull system is good where you might have a problem with your pushrod bending when the servo pushes on it. I have found that it is sometimes a little tricky to tie off the cables at the correct lengths. The ones I've worked with only had about 1/4" of adjustment in either direction. If you are off by more than that, you have to start over.

Then again, the cables don't have to be as tight as a guitar string to work good (that will just stress your servo). As long as you don't have excessive slack in the cables it will work fine.

Russ.
Old 03-19-2002, 02:46 PM
winship

Default Pull pull

FCC;

Pull pull is very effective since you are always pulling on the surface so there is no compression on the control linkage.

I have a picture of my Sig 1/3 Spacewalker pull-pull linkage on my web site. http://winshiprc.tripod.com

Go to the Sig 1/3 Scale Spacewalker page to see the pictures.