Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

supper coverite antique covering

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

supper coverite antique covering

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 01:03 PM
goforit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supper coverite antique covering

Has any one found a match for the antique covering , I have a scale model of a 1912 blackburn that has been damaged and must repair same ...I understand that coverite has discontinued it ,I have looked at all the worldtex stuff but no match///help
Old 11-01-2008, 04:01 PM
flying pastor

Default RE: supper coverite antique covering

Have you tried the solartex range? www.solarfilm.co.uk
Solartex is easy to use and stretches round curves and corners really well.
Chris.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:09 PM
goforit

Thank you Pastor for your information.. I may be mistaken but is Solatex a film and not a fabric ? supper coverite is a fabric , and the product that is the most like supper coverite is called Worldtex and somewhere I read that the mother company was in fact the Century /Black baron of old, however they dont have a transparent antique that will match ,,they have a antique and a linen but they are very opaque ..I have used both and they work about the same (temperture, Shrinkage etc..) any one out there that has some good old Century supper coverite antique I would gladly take it off there hand's...It used to come in 48''+15 ' roll's.. a few year's back... I will look at the solarfilm page and see if they in fact have somthing similar to offer...
Old 11-01-2008, 05:21 PM
flying pastor

Solartex is an iron on fabric. It is very tough and there is an antique in their range. Not sure if it is available in your country but there may be a dealer in the UK who would ship to you. I have to keep my planes in the loft and the heat/cold does not seem to affect it.
Chris.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:43 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the versions of ...tex are made by Solarfilm. Solartex is their direct brand but they sell to others and they put their name on it. I miss the Coverite and have just enough left to do my Camel and should have bought it up when I could.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:16 AM
flyalot
My Feedback: (63)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Balsa USA carries solartex in many colors and roll sizes. I am sure they would be glad to sell you a roll of antique covering.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:18 PM
flying pastor

TFF ..... I didn't know tat worldtex and solartex were the same!!
goforit..... you can get natural solartex (worldtex?) which can be sprayed to the colour you need. I presume that you have tried the places that still advertise super coverite antique? A google search showed up 2 or 3 perhaps thay still have stock.
Chris.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:54 PM
goforit

Thank you all for the help...Yes Pastor I have several ,only to be told that they do not take on line orders from out side the U.S.A or in the case of Towers Hobbies that the Supper Coverite has been discontinued and no longer in production ..Guess I am up the proverbial creek with out my covering ...so to speak...