Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Anyone have a Funtana 90 Cowl?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Anyone have a Funtana 90 Cowl?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 01:45 PM
BadSplice
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a Funtana 90 Cowl?

Hello all,
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here goes. I have done a brief search, but I didn't find much, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask...

A couple months ago, someone gave me a Funtana 90 and a Saito 150 with some minor damage. (He had a dead stick just above idle, inverted, and about 20' above the runway.... no room to roll, saw him try, so he set it down upside down, shearing off the top of the rudder and the needle valve from the engine) All the damage is about fixed, new parts in the engine, and I got my hands on some servos... but I need a cowl... I didn't get the damaged one, because he got rid of it when he pulled the radio gear out. (this was in between the incident and when he gave it to me, happened months apart)

So... Anyone have an extra cowl for the Funtana 90 sitting around or know where I can find one? Even one with a bit of damage or cutouts would be a lot better than trying to fabricate something from scratch I would be able to do that, but it would certainly be heavier and uglier than the stock one
Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have a Funtana 90 Cowl?

[link=http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/catalog.htm]Fiberglass Specialties[/link]

They have one listed on their website for the Funtana 98.

Ken
Old 12-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Ram Jet

Try:

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/catalog/...ch/HAN2808.htm

If this doesn't work just try" hobbyzone.com"

Bill
Old 12-02-2008, 09:13 PM
BadSplice
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the quick responses! I had looked around at a bunch of retailers that used to carry them, but none left in stock that I found. Somehow it never occurred to me that some place out there might custom make them...