Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Don't ya just love it when - -

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Don't ya just love it when - -

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Flyboy76
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don't ya just love it when - -

As far as supporting my LHS i do so when his prices are reasonable. In a community of 250,000 he is the only hobbyshop and some of his prices relfect that. What he sells O.S. engines for i can order from Calgary or Edmonton include a flightpack and shipping and be the same price. Plus i don't have to drive 175km's to get there either. But if he is within reason then i'll buy from him. Some items he has great prices on ...... others not so much. I usually try to guess what the shipping would be and if it's close then i'll buy from him. Also i just recently purchased a little micro heli, and the guy helping me was fantastic very informative and showed me a lot of little tricks and i def. think that's worth something!! So even though it was more i bought a bunch of extra parts from the lhs.

Geoff
Old 01-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Flyboy76
My Feedback: (14)

don't ya just love when....... "well i've mastered my LT-40 and was thinking of stepping up to a (insert highly aerobatic plane/scale warbird here)..... what do you think?

As a newbie if you ask the question then you should expect an honest awnser.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:57 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Well, there are people here on RCU with various levels of understanding of this hobby. Some of them are just starting out and have a minimum understanding. And this hobby cuts across the gamet of socioeconomic classes and levels of education. It brings together many people that understand the world in different ways and even speak in nearly different languages.

And frankly there are more options than just cheap or easy. Thats where the knowlege of more experienced modellers becomes very valuable to the less experienced modellers. Between cheap and easy there is the option comprised of skill and knowlege.

Share it if you have.

But be aware that not everyone can afford every option. Not everyone is skilled. And not everyone can communicate well. Their responses to your advise might sometimes seem ungrateful or even illogical . The person may not be very bright. It is as rewarding, or even more rewarding to help such a person. But that requires patience.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:30 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

When I give advice I never say "I told you so". I help pick up the parts and offer all the help I can in putting him back in the air. All of us have learned by doing. Dennis