Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Who's a good shop in Ottawa, Ca?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Who's a good shop in Ottawa, Ca?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 11:25 PM
v6goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's a good shop in Ottawa, Ca?

Hi Guys...

I'm after your opinion on a good, reliable and honest shop to buy all kinds R/C aircraft related gear from in Ottawa, Canada.
Im moving up there to live in the near future, but need to buy something now that i cant get down here in NZ.

Who do you use?

Cheers

Goose
Old 06-05-2003, 11:59 PM
vonJaerschky
My Feedback: (3)

Welcome to the Great White North! Hopefully someone in Ottawa will better be able to answer you than I. I live about 2.5Hrs from Ottawa, and get my stuff locally. You can try this place: http://www.multi-hobby.com/ They are in Hull, Quebec, but that is just across the river from Ottawa. At least it's a start. There are a few good mail order shops in Canada that have good prices and fast shipping. http://www.greathobbies.com/ and http://www.hobbywholesale.com The Canadian equivalent of the NZAMA is MAAC, and their website is http://www.maac.ca/
I lived in Napier from 1995-2000, and absolutely loved it. The Hawkes Bay Radio Flyers are a great club. What brings you way up here? I hope your move goes well. If there is anything I could do to help with your move, please let me know. By the way, did you know Ottawa is the second coldest capital city in the world, second to Moscow? I miss those Hawkes bay summers, let me tell ya!!!! Cheers, mate.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:14 PM
mroy

Discount Hobbied on St.Joseph Blvd in Orleans (east end of Ottawa) is a good place. I never had any problem with them while I livedin Ottawa, Multi Hobby should be another good location. It is in Hull across the river.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-08-2003, 08:32 PM
v6goose

Thanks VonJ
Im not there yet, but working hard on getting there! Im over in October to find a job, and hopefully to stay soon!
Yep, been to Hull, well to the museum, but will get there for a good look this time.
You lived here, cool, are you from here, or ? Yeah the Bay is a good club, I have flown with them once or twice over the years.
My girlfriend is what brings me there, and she is well worth relocation to the other side of the world.
Oh and thanks for the 'coldest capital' fact Im figuring i can spend the 'snow' time building... so i could be a good thing.
Thanks for all the info... appreciate it.

Cheers

Goose
Old 06-08-2003, 08:34 PM
v6goose

Thanks Mroy...

Multi Hobby sounds like a common good shop, and i will check out Discount Hobbies.

Cheers

Goose
Old 06-08-2003, 09:23 PM
vonJaerschky

V6Goose: I'm from here in Ontario, actually. In 1995, I had the opportunity to work for Airways Corp of NZ as a controller in Napier. Great spot, great job. My wife had some health problems and we decided we should live closer to family, so we came back in 2000. We both really miss it and the people. And if you ever get the chance to eat at Hot Chick near in Ahuriri on a stormy day, take it. Anyway, the winter is the perfect time to build. I found it really hard when I could fly 365 days a year. I can just sense the sympathy from the rest of the Canadians .
Good Luck with the move.
Cheers.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:34 PM
v6goose

Hey again VonJ...

Ah, i see. Bummer, hope the wife is ok.
I had to read that 'eat' line twice!! Oh thats an 'at' not a 'a'!! *laffing*
Yeah, i am going to miss a lot about flying and living here, but there are some things in life you just gotta do, ya know?

I have to start crating up my ships...

Later

Goose
Old 06-08-2003, 10:29 PM
vonJaerschky

LOL, that is funny. I never caught that. Maybe the moderator will have to remove it. (Hot Chick is a BBQ chicken restaurant, honest!!!!). I know all about doing what ya gotta do. You'll never regret giving stuff a try, but usually you will regret an opportunity that you never took. By the way, the wife is doing just fine. Enjoy crating, I know what that can be like. Coming back here, I had a 1/4 scale Fokker DR1 triplane and a few .40 size aircraft. Everything made it OK. I went to Noel Leeming's and asked for one of their boxes that new refrigerators come in. Then I re-enforced the bottom, and put the planes in nose first, and then the wings. I used lots of foam padding between all the parts. use enough padding so that nothing can move. Then put big "This End Up" arrows all over the box. Then cross your fingers and pray.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:05 PM
v6goose

VonJ
Sure it is Mmmmmm chicken....
Totally agree with the missed opportunity post.
Hey, another good idea! Thanks for that.

Catch ya

Goose