Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Battery & charger

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Battery & charger

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 08:51 PM
rolieharris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery & charger

I'm putting a new plane together and have been told that I need a Batt charger that will operate on either AC/DC for lipos and a battery that is rated at 5000 mh or better. Where is a good place to purchase them from a repatable dealer?
Thanks
Rolie
Old 02-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Smacka

Default RE: Battery & charger

ORIGINAL: rolieharris

I'm putting a new plane together and have been told that I need a Batt charger that will operate on either AC/DC for lipos and a battery that is rated at 5000 mh or better. Where is a good place to purchase them from a repatable dealer?
Thanks
Rolie
www.fromeco.org

Consider using Lilo's (lithium Ion) instead and a Green ION Cube to charge them. If you really want Lipo's, they can help you with that, as well.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:07 PM
rolieharris

Thanks Smacka!
Rolie
Old 02-12-2009, 09:18 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What plane do you need 5000Ma for? On average 1500 to 2200Ma is usual of course if a really big plane you could need more. Yes a charger that will charge Li Po's from Ac/Dc is great but not essential. You will probably need one with a power supply to charge at home from Ac. Would be worthwhile to get charger that will do Li Po's Ni Cd's, Ni Mh. and even A123's. Your needs can only be dtermined by you.All this is available at most all dealers such as Tower, Horizon, Hobby Lobby etc. Best prices are at Hobby City but they are in China. I suggest you do some research right here on R C U lots of info here.