Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Full Throttle Delay?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Full Throttle Delay?

Old 03-17-2009, 02:36 PM
PcMac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Throttle Delay?

Hi everyone

I bought recently a brushless setup for a profile 3d plane to practice some 3d,

now I have a problem with my setup

-Rimfire out runner (28-26-1300kv) Max. constant current 15A - Max Surge current 19A Max. constant Watts 165W - input voltage 7.4 or 11.1 sugested prop with 2s bat. 10X3.8
-Robbe ROXXY brushless ESC 900 serie : Load Current 18A Peak Load 22A
-Proppler 10X3.8
-Battry Lipo 7.4 (700MA) 10c
-2 deferent radio and receivers (the same result)

The problem is when I go full throttle gradually and smoothly (like in one second) I have no problems building-up the full speed of the propeller BUT when i go down to about half throttle and then go full throttle again very fast (jumping the stick)
the motor delay about second or so until catching the full speed again!! and while that happening the little led on the ESC show little red peak??
with my setup as described above I don't know is it the ESC not enough for the motor or the Battery not right? do I need 3s 11.1 with higher (C) number battery or higher ESC amp ??
also I Notes that the delay time change from prop. to another for example the 9X7.5 had more delay than 10X3.8 and without prop. almost there was no that delay!

Thank you in advance I really appreciate your Help
Mo.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:29 PM
PcMac

Default RE: Full Throttle Delay?

Hellooooo.................NO one?
Old 03-18-2009, 04:45 PM
huck1199

Default RE: Full Throttle Delay?

I'm no expert on this but I would try a larger capacity ESC, you are cutting it close and the warning signal would indicate that it is near capacity. If you increase the voltage you will need less amps to get the same power, this may help as well.