Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

beaver

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:48 PM
billy8989
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beaver

So im starting to get into this whole airplane deal and i realized theres a lot more to it than what i thought. I live on a small lake so thats basically my airport. Ive been researching some beavers and kmp and mr aerodesigns have caught my eye. Didnt know if any of you guys could tell me the best kit to get for a float plane. Any suggestions would be appreciate. The bigger the scale the better. Thanks!!

Old 06-29-2009, 01:52 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: beaver

Are you an experienced flier, or just starting out? Flying from water is NOT for beginners!
Old 06-29-2009, 02:33 PM
billy8989

I guess you could say a beginner. I have a hanger 9 .40 size cub on floats that i fly now. Im just looking for a project to work on while i progress my skills. It would be a while down road before i would even think about throwing a nice plane in the water and just taking off.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:47 PM
MinnFlyer

Ok, just so you know what you're getting into.

We get a lot of people in here who have never even flown before and they think they can just buy a plane and go out and fly it. [:@]

I am not familiar with mr aerodesigns, but KMP is a very good company.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:53 PM
billy8989

Yea i was leaning more towards the kmp but im not crazy about the floats. Any suggestions on a good set of scale floats and not to pester you with all these questions but i was also looking at the saito 170 3 cylinder and the saito 182 twin cylinder. what would be ur preference
Old 06-29-2009, 04:10 PM
MinnFlyer

I don't know on the floats. As for the engine, they recommend a 180 - 220 4-stroke, but any Twin is not as powerful as a single cylinder, so i wouldn't even consider the 170.