Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

HELP with outrunner problem

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

HELP with outrunner problem

Old 07-09-2009, 09:43 PM
verklempt1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with outrunner problem

Hi folks, this is my first post with my first outrunner hving a problem. My Turnigy 5055 running on a 6s 5000mah battery and 80 amp plush controller ( with beC) occasionally "Howls", a terrible almost scream-like sound at rapid throttle advancement.accompanied with sudden loss of power. Only remedy seems to be to retard the throttle and wait a few seconds which seems to reset everything. Had 8 flights on a .40 sized Harrier ( a fun fly, built up plane) when it happened on base to finsl resulting in a hard landing. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot....
Old 07-09-2009, 10:09 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP with outrunner problem

I had the exact same scenario happen with an Cermark CEM 4220-770 in a Banchee E-3D. I found that the motor shaft was loose. If I advanced throttle too quickly, the case was spinning faster than the prop. It made a gawd awful howl! Once I disassembles it, checked it out, cleaned it, and reassembled it with Loctite, all was well![8D]
Doug
Old 07-09-2009, 10:58 PM
beau0090_99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HELP with outrunner problem

You may want to change the timing on the ESC. Let me know if you need the instructions. I would use medium to high.
Good Luck,
Curtis