Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Zenoah G23

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 01:06 AM
Josh_K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah G23

I have a NIB G23 that I purchased about 5 years ago. I have never ran a gaser either. I am now putting it in a Great Planes Gee Bee. I have tow questions.

1. Do you have to use a pressure port off the muffler or willl the walbro carb suck/pull the fuel on its own?

2. Now that the g23 is not sold any more, where can I find one of those spring starters for it?

Thanks,
Josh K.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:49 AM
beepee

Default RE: Zenoah G23

Josh,

1. Do not set up a pressure line from the muffler to the fuel tank. It is not necessary and possibly dangerous. The carb has a pump built in.

2. I don't think a spring starter was made for the G23 as it has the rear shaft extension occupied by the ignition flywheel. The G23 is not hard to hand start. Haven't owned one myself, but have watched many at the field. Otherwise, it can be started with a 12V mid-range starter. If there is a spring starter for it, Bennett Built will have it.

Have fun!

Bedford
Old 08-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Josh_K,

B&B Specialties dosn't list a spring starter for the G23 but that dosn't mean they don't have them. You may have to call them. Also, call [link=http://www.tompierce.net/190/html/building/RCign.htm]Ralph Cunningham at RC Ignition[/link]. He'll probably have one.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Josh, B&B does list the spring starter for the G-38 so like Zippi stated, they may have one for the 23. The 23 hand starts pretty easy and I have used my standard electric starter on them without problems. It's a great little engine but it's not an arm breaker with gobs of compression.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:07 PM
tryan02

Ditto on the starter I have the G-26 now my hobbico 90 just couldnt do it thats where you draw the line. I rolled out the big bucks and bought the sullivan I put it on 24V OMG!! I put it on the spinner for the first run in on the motor the rubber insert flew out scratched and dented the $20 3" aluminum spinner. I think I will be switching to the hard dark blue insert but since then I wired my batts back in parallel for 12V giving me half the torque it says 340 I assume thats ounce/inches? anyway its still plenty but at $99!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Josh_K

Thanks for you help guys.

I have a Dynatron so I will give it a spin with that.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:05 PM
tryan02

yep thats what I have sullivan dynatron on 24v it could start my harley. 12v is plenty for the g23 its more than enough on my 26 for at least 10 starts. You said you never had a gasser the breakin time is much more noticeable than a nitro engine. I just found this out on my first gasser got about 6 or 7 flights on it the first flight it seemed under powered but seems to get better with every flight. I have also found out it likes to warm up a minute before takeoff. but hey the fuel consumption is worth it 7 flights on a quart of gas would of been over a gallon of nitro!!! Just choke the engine hit it with the starter till it fires a bit just a pop, stop shutoff the choke hit it with the starter she will fire right up.

I am hooked I love gas engines!!!!