Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

OS FP .15 Quits in Air

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

OS FP .15 Quits in Air

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Magnum76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS FP .15 Quits in Air

OS FP 15, bought used.

On the ground, ran 2 tanks through, it runs like a champ. Put a flight on it (combat alum/coro) and it and quits on half-tank. Tank is fine, pick up and clunk are good. Seems to get way too hot. Test is repeatable with 3 flights. Test flights normal, flat and level right hand circuit. 10mph wind at most. All new fuel lines. No nicks or leaks, triple checked.

I richen the mixture, same thing, only it's a mess of fuel.

Being used for combat, aluminum rail with coroplast wing and tailfeathers. 7x5 and 8x3 props same results.

Being used, this engine looks great.

Starting points for airbleed and mixture? Plug? Book OS site says #8 plug.

Last, are there any intricacies inherent only to this model engine that may help?

Thanks,

Jason
Old 10-12-2009, 08:47 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: OS FP .15 Quits in Air

It sounds like you are flying an HOR with the aluminum fuse. Is it possible that your fuel is foaming from vibration? My tank is mounted with a load of foam behind it to keep the foaming and air bubbles down. The other issue that we discovered is the motor mount itself. We use one that we get from Wal Mart as the material that it is made from is different from other cutting boards. My first mount was from a cutting board from another store and it allowed the engine to shake and the vibration was bad. I got the Wal mart board and my vibration and engine problems are gone. Good Luck, Dave