Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

O.S. 26 FS Surpass

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

O.S. 26 FS Surpass

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:33 AM
celestron10ngt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. 26 FS Surpass

I had this engine in a plane previously and it was running great. I am looking to get it running again after sitting in my heated attic for about 10 years. I have been trying to run it in my psp test stand. I there is only a high spped needle and air bleed adjustment. I set the factory setting at 3- 3 1/2 turns open on the Needle valve and I cant get it to pop.

I first had the wrong plug and then got a OS type F but still cant get it to pop.

I noticed that using 2 different NICAD glow drivers the last coil on the plug wasnt glowing. Do you think this was my problem?

I was going to use the driver from my power panel but I blew it out last week and didnt get a replacement yet.

Suggestions appreciated

Old 11-16-2009, 03:12 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: O.S. 26 FS Surpass

It apparently doen't have any fuel in the cylinder?

Does it have compression?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 PM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi!
The first thing to do is to check the ball bearings!!!
If the engine has been sitting for as long as ten years , and previously been run on Castor oil , the bearings has to be replaced.

Second. Use 5-15% nitro fuel and a 4 oz tank, preferable with Uni-flow set-up..
Third. Use a 9x5 prop!
Fourth. Use adequate glow power ! A 12V, 10A motorcycle battery or a equal Lipo battery and an automatic glow driver! Those one cell 1,2V NiCad's have not voltage enough nor power enough for stubborn, hard to start engines!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fuel!! If you can see the fuel line look to see if it is drawing. If not try sticking your finger over the carb to see if it will draw. If it was put away that long there could be hardened castor in the carb plugging something up, needle valve or spray bar, even the air bleed.