Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Prop Balancer help...

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Prop Balancer help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Balancer help...

I have a couple of DuBro model #499 prop balancers, but they are both missing the hardened steel shaft and the pair of threaded cones that hold the prop in position on the shaft. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may use in place of the original shaft, etc? Or, do you happen to have one for sale?
Thanks for the help.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:54 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Du-Bro still shows that item in the catalog , I would think they would stand behind their products & sell you the parts you need . MAX H.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:12 AM
Capt Jim

Default Re: DuBro #499

Hi there Big Max.
Yes, the 499 is still a current item. I checked with my LHS for the replacement parts, and they couldn't find any reference to separate parts...only the complete unit. I sent an email off to DuBro last week, but I have not heard anything back from them. At about $30. per balancer, I'm not happy with the prospect of spending that much, just to replace the shaft and cones....so...I have put up this thread, in the hopes that I may find someone with one, or two, to sell. Or, hear of some real neat idea to use something else to do the same job of holding the prop in position for balancing. Anyway, thanks for the note, and have a nice weekend.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:41 AM
big max 1935

I will get mine out a give it a long look maybe my gray matter can come up with something, will get back but do my best work when I sleep so hang tight. MAX
Old 07-06-2003, 01:55 AM
big max 1935

Short nap Jim,a very intricate component! The shaft can be made from 1/8" piano wire & the cones from a Top-Flite Magnetic balancer are available separate, Great Planes # TOPQ5702, 2 ea . $2.19 How about that! MAX H.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:23 AM
Capt Jim

Default WOW...

Briliant Max, you're a genius!!! Now for my nap, a little longer, perhaps, and I'll get on this first thing in the morning.
Thanks so much for your wisdom and vision.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:17 AM
big max 1935

Not too bad for a old fudd!! I always have been a thinker I guess ? Glad to help . This inter-net is SUPER!!!!!!!!!! MAX