Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Weatronic programming problem - delicate

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Weatronic programming problem - delicate

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Mavpro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weatronic programming problem - delicate

I have this Weatronic 10-20 R Gyro, 35 mhz receiver.
Problem:
Programming JR 12X as "PCM 20". Four wing servos, two elevaor servos, one rudder servo - OK. All fine.
Setting up all servos as follows:
Servo 1-Throttle (Ch 1)
Servo 2-Right Aile servo 1 (Ch 2)
Servo 3-Right Aile servo 2 (Ch 7)
Servo 4-Left Aile servo 1 (Ch 5)
Servo 5-Left Aile servo 2 (Ch 8)
Servo 6-Right Ele (Ch 3)
Servo 7-Left Ele (Ch9 - AUX 4.) Programmed mix in radio ELE+ to AUX4. Intention to be able to adjust left and right stab individually. NO, dual ELE NOT POSSIBLE WHEN S-PCM IS CHOSEN... Hence this mix.

The problem is that one of the stab servos functions perfectly, BUT the other one does not. The other servo is not moving smoooth... It's moving in sudden steps. This is only happening when chosing this servo to move according to the mix ELE+-AUX4. This will not happen if I select this servo as "Elevator". This would not be a problem, but it does take away the opportunity to individually change center and end points.

Anyone understanding this problem? Why will the system not tolerate this set-up?

Old 12-13-2009, 04:41 PM
The Ghost

Default RE: Weatronic programming problem - delicate

I have the X9 radio and to use twin elevator servos, in the base setting on the radio I can tell it I want twin elevator servos, once selected you go back into the setup and select the channel for the second(slave) channel. This will fix the problem. As with the two servos for the aile servos per wing half are you running one set as flaps or are you using them as a "crow" setup?

Cheers
Old 12-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Mavpro

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

I have the X9 radio and to use twin elevator servos, in the base setting on the radio I can tell it I want twin elevator servos, once selected you go back into the setup and select the channel for the second(slave) channel. This will fix the problem. As with the two servos for the aile servos per wing half are you running one set as flaps or are you using them as a ''crow'' setup?

Cheers
OK, but when I choose "S-PCM" modulation, the twin elevator function does not appear (I really don't understand why).

The four servo wing is a new option in the 12X when setting up wing (used to be only Normal, Flaperon and Detla).
Old 12-13-2009, 10:14 PM
The Ghost

My X9 is the 2.4gig version so it does not have the PCM(S or Z). Might have to read the manual[:@]BOOK that came with the radio, may explane it. My earler(JR 3810) had the S, Z, and PPM thing but did not change any options that were set in the radio.

Cheers
Old 12-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Mavpro

[&o] It turned out that I had forgotten to inhibit the flap function...