Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

ATLAS BRUSHLESS MOTOR MOUNTS?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

ATLAS BRUSHLESS MOTOR MOUNTS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 01:22 PM
twinbrother
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATLAS BRUSHLESS MOTOR MOUNTS?

I have an Atlas 60 size motor and got it through hobby-lobby.com. I'm checking their website and they have no replacement mount for sale. So, I contact their customer service department and they tell me that hobby-lobby.com doesn't sell it. And Atlas Motors doesn't provide replacements. The only way around it is to send it back through their warranty program for a replacement. The catch? It will cost 50% plus shipping to get the motor with a new motor mount. That's $60 on my end. It should only cost $20 for a new mount. What the heck is this? Has anyone else experienced this with the Atlas motors and Hobby-lobby.com? Seems like Atlas is not providing the motor mounts for sale just to make a buck on the consumer by charging them 50% on the warranty replacement. I don't want to send my motor in for a 50% cost replacement just to get a new mount. I just want to buy a new motor mount. The motor works fine. Anyone find a mount that is compatible. I want the adapter that will let me mount the motor backwards like the AXI motors.