Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hitec Supreme RX- wrong one?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hitec Supreme RX- wrong one?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 02:13 AM
Flatspin-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Supreme RX- wrong one?

Was just at Toledo show and bought a Hitec 8 ch supreme rx from MPI. I told the kid when he asked what radio, Hitec but he gave me one that says JR or Airtronics TX only. I'm using hitec prisim and Futaba sue 8 radios. what is the difference? Maybe I can email MPI and see if they will switch rx's but whata pain to send it and wait for another. any suggestions? TIA

Ron
Old 04-06-2002, 02:51 AM
Ed

Default ? ? ?

" but he gave me one that says JR or Airtronics TX only. I'm using hitec prisim and Futaba sue 8 radios. what is the difference? "

Flats: I don't think that you have a choice. JR & Airtronics use a posative shift pulse, and Hi-Tec & Futaba use negative shift. I'd get right on the horn to them and have them straighten it out.

Tell them to send it Overnite Express, it was their mistake.
Old 04-06-2002, 04:29 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ron it was a bit hard to tell what transmitter you are using from your post but if you using a Hitec Prism 7X transmitter it will work fine with that Rx. It will be neccessary for you to use the shift select feature of your radio to enable positive shift. The Prism 7x functions with both high or low shift. Not sure which model Futaba you have but it is probably not selectable and in that case as Jim said it will not work with that Rx.

John
Old 04-06-2002, 08:35 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For very little you can also get the Hitec receiver(3800??) that can be jumpered for positive or negative shift. Terrific flexibility and resale value.
Old 04-06-2002, 06:09 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

I believe most newer model computer radios have the modulation switch in the program somewhere !! so you can use either brand rx.
Old 04-06-2002, 07:06 PM
4*60

Default Modulation switch

Although I understand on the Futaba 9C there is no shift option. Someone has suggested a home brew add on which I am sure would void the warranty.
Old 04-07-2002, 05:32 AM
Flatspin-RCU

Default rx

thanks guys for the responces...I have a hitec Prism 7 and I am now using a Futaba super 8U...if the hitec has the shift select than the Super 8 probably does also....I'll get one of the guys in the club to check it out. thanks again

Ron
Old 04-07-2002, 07:48 AM
4*60

As I understand it, the Prism 7 did not have shift select but the Prism 7X did?? The Futaba will not have shift select. No Futaba's do??