Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Need help In Mississippi looking for Foam

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Need help In Mississippi looking for Foam

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 06:02 AM
T45WingNut
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help In Mississippi looking for Foam

Hello all looking for anyone in Mississippi around Jackson or southe Ms. that can tellme where i can find Blue Or pink Foam sheets 2" to 3"in for wing cores and makeing plugs for molds.. ?? i have call most of the building suppy Co. in jackson ( home depot) most only have 1" and down. did have a suppler but he not in bussnes any more. Need help Please..been working on a Glass fuse for a jet.. and need more to make new plugs. thanks RCU.
Old 04-07-2002, 01:23 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try a building supply company htat specializes in lath and plaster products. Plastering contractors use a lot of foam shapes on their jobs. Chances are that if you find such a building supply company, they will be able to obtain what you are looking for at a reasonable price.
Silversurfer
Old 04-08-2002, 11:42 PM
Sparkie-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Default Blue foam

Concrete suppliers carry up to 4 inch blue, pink, and gray foam. they also carry all the gadgets that is used to form concrete.
I think the people I use run a shop for concrete contractors. You might also contact the Styrofoam company and ask them for a list of business that buy from them in your area.
Old 04-12-2002, 06:56 AM
matlok

Default 2" & 3" pink and blue foam

T45,

I'm up here at MSU in Aerospace Engineering; we use a good bit of pink and blue foam in sizes like you're looking for. I think the guys get it in Memphis somewhere. E-mail me and I'll see what I can do about getting you some, or I'll at least find out exactly where we get it.

Matt
Old 05-17-2002, 12:30 AM
flynfish44

My brother has been using 2 inch pink foam and gluing two pieces together with a spray glue . It is a very strong bond . I think what he uses is a glue called 77 and I think it is made by 3M.
Would this work for you ?