Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

White Plastic Spinner

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

White Plastic Spinner

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 02:49 PM
shaggy48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Plastic Spinner

So I'm looking for a 2 1/2 inch white plastic spinner. Ordered one from Horizon made by Hangar 9. The only problem is the the white isn't really white. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HAN250S
I guess I didn't look at it close enough on their website and the spinner I'm replacing is real white and not the dirty white and almost tan color one I got. I really don't want to use this one on my plane.

Who makes a white spinner whose white is truely white? I don't remember the brand of the one I'm replacing and I thought it was H9 but obviously was mistaken. Got it a my LHS who has since gone out of business.

Thanks
Shaggy.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:51 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: White Plastic Spinner

Great Planes or Dubro make white ones.... Good Luck, Dave
Old 06-16-2010, 04:26 PM
carrellh

Four possibilities - Probably at least three different shades of white:
Dubro http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXE137&P=0
Goldberg http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDMC9&P=0
Great Planes http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXK217&P=0
Great Planes http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBMY8&P=0 with aluminum back plate

Carrell
Old 06-16-2010, 09:40 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Kinda funny that they can't get white right, since white is simply every color all mixed together, huh?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jester, run on down to the Home Depot and ask them how many shades of white there are. It is un real. Good Luck, Dave
Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 PM
mikekosatka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of paint, just buy a can of glossy white at Walmart, your LHS, or a Dollar store. Cheaper than a new spinner + s&H, and you can keep that "fresh and new look" with additional appications as needed.
Good Flying!
Mike
Old 06-17-2010, 07:13 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Dubro and Great Planes ones match the ARFs I've got that have white coverings. They're white white.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:58 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

True dat, mikekosatka. It doesn't matter what color of white you get, it won't be white for long.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:10 PM
shaggy48

Carrell,
Thanks for posting all those links. Looks like the one I want is most likely made by Great Planes. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXK217&P=0
I've tried the Dubro in the past and decided I didn't like them. I don't like that they make the back plate hole too big, then you have to use the shims that come with it. Then the shims are a PIA to get off if you need to and you can never use it on another plane unless you have more shims, because you had to cut it off! Also the last one I bought just doesn't go together properly and ran quite out of balance because of it. I don't order from tower very often so I will have wait to get the GP spinner now that I know which one to get. Hate to pay 5.99 shipping for a 6.00 item from Tower.

Thanks for the help folks. Yeah the "white" H9 spinner isn't white at all. I don't think I've ever seen any covering that it would match. It's more like beige than white. Wish someone would open another LHS near me. We're now down to one within reasonable driving distance, and the owner is really disliked by many both for poor business practices and poor availability of just about everything except for small electrics. But we're hoping they'll come around and improve now that they're the only game in town. In the meantime most people are just ordering onliine.

Appreciate the other responses as well.

Shaggy
Old 06-18-2010, 10:01 AM
carrellh

In the Dallas area we're very lucky to have several hobby shops. Some of them are excellent and none are horrible. The "best" ones are 30 minutes to an hour away. Sometimes when it's not good flying weather my brother and I do the LHS road trip just to look at things and may or may not spend money on anything other than gas and lunch. My shopping is a combination of local and online.

Carrell