Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems with Sig?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Anyone else having problems with Sig?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:01 PM
LargeScale88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else having problems with Sig?

Hello,

I just wanted to see if anyone else was having problems ordering from sig. I ordered some fiberglass cloth, fiberglass resin, finishing resin, CA glue, and some sig-bond.

Guess when I ordered that: June 8th!!!!!!! I've sent numerous emails, and have called several times, they give me a time when I should recieve it, and it hasn't come. I went to the sig fun fly and Italked to Hazel and she said ever since she sold the business, the new owners have put no money into the business.

I'm starting to wonder if Sig will keep business going if they have customer service like this.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:04 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Anyone else having problems with Sig?

I think I would be making arraignments with them to drive the 70 mi down there and pick the order up?

Then you could report to us what you saw?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:22 PM
ChuckW

From what I am hearing, it sounds like Sig is going through some troubles at the moment. It is a tough economy we are in and even the strongest companies have felt the pinch. If there are any problems in a company, they are feeling it even worse.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:24 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Right now, there are no Sig ARF's
Old 07-13-2010, 09:38 PM
WCB

Last month I ordered several kits from Sig. Everything was delivered within about a week. No problems at all. Some of their kits were not available at that time. The lady on the phone said they would have all kits in stock and ready to ship by the end of July. They had some trouble getting decent balsa, but they had a shipment in and were cutting kits. She said there is no word on when ARF production will start again.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:09 AM
carrellh

Fiberglass cloth, fiberglass resin, finishing resin, CA glue, and sig-bond (aliphatic resin) are pretty generic items so I would just pick up "in stock" alternatives from another supplier.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:31 AM
captjckirk

Hope they make it. We should all hope that Sig can get back on their feet. They have always been a top company, and their products the best. Good luck Sig, we need you.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:01 AM
LargeScale88

My nearest hobby shop doesn't carry any sig stuff, hardly any airplane stuff. I ordered a kit about a month ago, and got it in about a week.

They told me the balsa supply was short, and they were having troubles getting a load for themselves. They have been in business since 1959, lets hope they stay in for another 50 years.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
captjckirk

Balsa supply. The folks building wind blades for electrical generation are eating into the balsa supply. There is an I-beam down the center of each blade made of balsa, most blades are about 145 feet long, that's a lot of balsa. They are willing to pay very high prices for it, that puts the model people at a real dis-advantage. Without a doubt our hobby will become more expensive as the demand increases.