Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Right Flyer 40T manual and CG

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Right Flyer 40T manual and CG

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 02:33 PM
bob418
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right Flyer 40T manual and CG

All Ijust picked up a Right Flyer 40T hHere is the URLwith a picture - http://www.globalhobby.com/globalarf/rf40t.htm

What Iam looking for is the Manual for the plane - what Ireally need is the CGpoint for the plane, Ijust dropped a new engin in and want to make sure it flies right the first time!!

thanks for any help (Ihave looked and Ihave seen the CG at 3 and 4 inches from the leading edge of the wing, but Iwould like to make sure!!! thanks

Bob
Old 07-19-2010, 05:02 PM
carrellh

Default RE: Right Flyer 40T manual and CG

The links to the manuals are sometimes hard to find, but it is online
http://media.hobbypeople.net/manual/123830.pdf
Old 07-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have used two of them for training and have yet to see a manual for one. The CG is right on the wing spar.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

The center of gravity is located 3-1/4” back from the leading edge of the wing, at the fuselage sides. This location is recommended for initial test flying and trimming. There is a 3/8” margin forward and a 1/4” margin aft. It is not recommended that the center of gravity be located any farther back than 3-1/2”. Balance the Right Flyer 40T Mk. II with the fuel tank empty.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 AM
bob418
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks fro the responses, but I am looking for the Right Flyer 40T(not the MKII) manual

Iwill try the wing spar which is about 4" back from the leading edge, also on the 40Twhat prop are you using, a 10x6??

Also th edumb question of the day (new guy) the WIng spare is rib or point that the leading edge of the wing goes from soild (balsa coverdto open (covered by monokote??)

Iam new to the sport and trying not crash and burn my plane on the first flight!!!

Thanks all!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:57 PM
carrellh

What is the chord of the wing? Measure from leading edge of wing to trailing edge of aileron.
From what I have read, a safe starting point is 25% back from the leading edge. If the chord is 12 inches, balancing at 4 inches should be safe.

If you have never flown RC planes, please put your zip code in the search box at http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx and try to contact a local flying club for help. Most AMA chartered clubs have volunteer instructors who will teach you how to set up the model and fly it safely. You will have to join AMA and the club to get the "free" training.