Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

AMSOIL

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Penuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMSOIL

Ok i give up, Just where can i buy AMSOIL ? I live in Fresno California and i cant seem to find any localy.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Dr1Driver

Default RE: AMSOIL

For Amsoil Sabre, try local motorcycle/go-kart/snowmobile/etc. racing/speed shops and the like.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:41 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

While you're at the motorcyle shop pick up some Royal Purple or Red Line nix the Amsoil (just my personal experience)
Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Turk the flys a full scale PT 17 out of the mariposa airport is a distributor but I too would go with the red line. Do a google and key word Amsoil.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:47 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've bought it online, direct from Amsoil. There are also a number of amsoil dealers in the Fresno/clovis area and you can get their information on the web page.

I tell you what though... I have one un-opened quart and one partial quart of Amsoil Saber that you can have.Just PM me.

I tried it and for my general sort of sport flying, it just didn't seem to make any difference. The engine ran just as well on the 2-stroke oil I bought at OSH. Over the long haul, I'm sure the Amsoil will keep the ports cleaner and I imagine it might make a little difference in a competition situation where you are running the engine hard and getting it hot. For me though, it just wasn't worth the money.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: ChuckW

I've bought it online, direct from Amsoil. There are also a number of amsoil dealers in the Fresno/clovis area and you can get their information on the web page.

I tell you what though... I have one un-opened quart and one partial quart of Amsoil Saber that you can have. Just PM me.

I tried it and for my general sort of sport flying, it just didn't seem to make any difference. The engine ran just as well on the 2-stroke oil I bought at OSH. Over the long haul, I'm sure the Amsoil will keep the ports cleaner and I imagine it might make a little difference in a competition situation where you are running the engine hard and getting it hot. For me though, it just wasn't worth the money.
Chuck, my engines ran better with the chain saw oil or MC two stroke oil. Then I went back to Klotz and it was the best of both worlds.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:56 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Amsoil is not very popular around here. A friend had 6 bottles at the swap meet last Saturday at half price and it didn't sell.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:39 PM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

ORIGINAL: Penuts

Ok i give up, Just where can i buy AMSOIL ? I live in Fresno California and i cant seem to find any localy.
You are lucky them - use some real lube. Your engines will love you for it.

Bliksem

Old 08-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: blikseme300

ORIGINAL: Penuts

You are lucky them - use some real lube. Your engines will love you for it.

Bliksem

I never found anything wrong with Amsoil but all my engines ran very well with other oils that I could get just about anyplace and for a lot less money. Most all auto and motor cycle shops have synthetic or blended oils. My Brisons called for synthetic at 100:1 and I think I had more of a problem with that then the engines. I don't like having to order oil either and wait for it to get here. The Klotz is a blended synth and even has castor in the blend. My LHS has it in stock too.
I used to run Amsoil in my sand dragester, even there trans fluid, I loved the stuff but just couldn't afford to keep using it.I also had a good discount on the price back then but it was still high dollar.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:52 PM
jetmech05

I wouldn't use amsoil either...Red Line for me......