RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   toledo (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/9649755-toledo.html)

Stick 40 04-09-2010 07:52 PM

toledo

went to toledo show today, boy it was busy. We had a great time, go if you can.

Had lunch with Rcken and "whats his name" , boy I going to pay for that. We had a great time with them, nice to see you two again. I really can't remember the names of the others, but say hi to them for me.

sticks

ChuckW 04-09-2010 08:35 PM

RE: toledo

So what did you see? Any cool new stuff?

Gray Beard 04-09-2010 10:02 PM

See?? Chuck, who cares what they saw, I want to know when they are sending us all those free samples they picked up!!!!:D

Stick 40 04-09-2010 10:15 PM

man, there were no free samples. Its tight everywhere.

There was one company , that would set you up with a system that would feed back all the info. that your elect plane was going through. It gave Watts, Heat of battery , rpm.s , etc. much more. But the full system was about $200, it would be nice but not at that price.

That was great, got some good buys and had a good time.

sticks

Gray Beard 04-10-2010 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Stick 40

There was one company , that would set you up with a system that would feed back all the info. that your elect plane was going through. It gave Watts, Heat of battery , rpm.s , etc. much more. But the full system was about $200, it would be nice but not at that price.

sticks
No samples?? That removes a lot of the fun!!! Even the CES electronics show here in veags loads you up with cool stuff!! :eek: Kidding aside, were there any new kits worth looking at?? By new kits I mean different planes instead of the same old stuff that has been around sense time began.

Stick 40 04-10-2010 10:59 AM

I did not look at planes very much, I tend to buy too many when I really look at them.

I did buy a sky master rtf, I worked on them in Nam and this was a cool model and the price was great. Its a park flyer, and looks like it will fly in light wind. They said it was faster than they thought it would be, when they ordered them. I will put a pic on when I get a chance, too busy right now.

If I find the paper work on it (had to have them ship it as I did not get too them in time to carry one out), I will post who I got it from.

One thing agout it, they have the wing ends come off and the servo connections are built into the end of the halfs if you know what I mean.

sticks

R8893 04-10-2010 04:28 PM

Gray Beard:
the only things I saw that I would consider as a "new kit" were the models from WoW Planes. But I moved through pretty quickly.

ramboy 04-10-2010 06:45 PM

sticks

Hobby Lobby gave away free caps.

Stick 40 04-10-2010 06:47 PM

next year , I will take my camera.

rcken and minflyer were taking a lot of pics and video. They should be posting them soon.

sticks

MinnFlyer 04-12-2010 08:50 AM

rcken and minflyer were taking a lot of pics and video. They should be posting them soon.

That's if I ever recover! Whew! I'm getting too old for this! :D

All-in-all it was a good show. Not much in the way of new kits that I saw, not too much in the way of new glow planes either.

Futaba and Spektrum both had new S-BUS systems on display that were pretty cool. Just run one wire through your plane to control all servos