Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

toledo

Old 04-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Stick 40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default toledo

went to toledo show today, boy it was busy. We had a great time, go if you can.

Had lunch with Rcken and "whats his name" , boy I going to pay for that. We had a great time with them, nice to see you two again. I really can't remember the names of the others, but say hi to them for me.

sticks
Old 04-09-2010, 08:35 PM
ChuckW

Default RE: toledo

So what did you see? Any cool new stuff?
Old 04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See?? Chuck, who cares what they saw, I want to know when they are sending us all those free samples they picked up!!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Stick 40

man, there were no free samples. Its tight everywhere.

There was one company , that would set you up with a system that would feed back all the info. that your elect plane was going through. It gave Watts, Heat of battery , rpm.s , etc. much more. But the full system was about $200, it would be nice but not at that price.

That was great, got some good buys and had a good time.

sticks
Old 04-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stick 40

There was one company , that would set you up with a system that would feed back all the info. that your elect plane was going through. It gave Watts, Heat of battery , rpm.s , etc. much more. But the full system was about $200, it would be nice but not at that price.

sticks
No samples?? That removes a lot of the fun!!! Even the CES electronics show here in veags loads you up with cool stuff!! Kidding aside, were there any new kits worth looking at?? By new kits I mean different planes instead of the same old stuff that has been around sense time began.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Stick 40

I did not look at planes very much, I tend to buy too many when I really look at them.

I did buy a sky master rtf, I worked on them in Nam and this was a cool model and the price was great. Its a park flyer, and looks like it will fly in light wind. They said it was faster than they thought it would be, when they ordered them. I will put a pic on when I get a chance, too busy right now.

If I find the paper work on it (had to have them ship it as I did not get too them in time to carry one out), I will post who I got it from.

One thing agout it, they have the wing ends come off and the servo connections are built into the end of the halfs if you know what I mean.

sticks
Old 04-10-2010, 04:28 PM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gray Beard:
the only things I saw that I would consider as a "new kit" were the models from WoW Planes. But I moved through pretty quickly.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:45 PM
ramboy

sticks

Hobby Lobby gave away free caps.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Stick 40

next year , I will take my camera.

rcken and minflyer were taking a lot of pics and video. They should be posting them soon.

sticks
Old 04-12-2010, 08:50 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

rcken and minflyer were taking a lot of pics and video. They should be posting them soon.
That's if I ever recover! Whew! I'm getting too old for this!

All-in-all it was a good show. Not much in the way of new kits that I saw, not too much in the way of new glow planes either.

Futaba and Spektrum both had new S-BUS systems on display that were pretty cool. Just run one wire through your plane to control all servos