Notices

rudder systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 11:54 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts
Default rudder systems

I am considering one of the high tech rudder systems for my 102" YAK. There is the Airwild system with aluminum tray for two Futaba 9152's and the even more impressive SWB system. They are both available with straight or offset rudder tillers, The SWB comes in 4", 4 1/4", and 4 1/2" offset arms, the Airwild in a 5" only. Can these be used with my Yak? Thanks, Eric
Old 07-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rudder systems

Eric,

Yes, the SWB can be used(I think 4" with 7 degree offset and pull-pull goes straight instead of cross), but why do you need to do that? Use the CF arm and mount your servos in the space provided. Manual is coming this week.

Reza
Old 07-09-2006, 05:52 AM
randy racer

i used the SWB self adjusting on my first 102 and it's a sweet set up. on the 2nd one i set it up stock and went from two 4800's on the reciever to two 2400's and saved a little over a pound. a pound is a ton on a 102" airplane, it flys great at 27.5lbs but at a little under 26.5 it's awsome!!!! it work both ways so do what make you feel better.

randy racer
Old 07-09-2006, 04:48 PM
husafreak

Thanks guys, saving weight is a big deal to me, but the idea of loading Futaba servo bearings and rabbit ear arm extensions with the pull/pull cable tension makes me cringe. I don't want to do it. I was very interested to read that you had the SWB setup and decided not to use it your second time, I think I'll skip the first step! The YAK has such a nice tray allready built in... I think I know what to do now, I'll use the standalone BB supported tiller kit and modify it with FRP plates cut to the plan dimensions, add the least amount of weight, unload my servo, use as much of the kit as I can. Oh, by the way, how long can you fly on 2400 mAh? Eric
Old 07-09-2006, 07:17 PM
randy racer

i am using 3 Fromeco 2400's with regulators, 1 ignition and 2 on reciever. i can fly around 10 twelve min flights. if i were going to use just one reciever battery i would use a 4800, but i feel better with a 2nd battery just in case of a battery, switch, or regulator problem.

randy racer
Old 07-10-2006, 02:15 PM
husafreak

That sounds great, thanks. Eric