Notices

Incidence and trimming my QQ Yak 54 102"

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 12:12 PM
loveflyn
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incidence and trimming my QQ Yak 54 102"

I maidened my QQ Yak 54 102" w/ DA 100 on stock mufflers. CG is at the rocommended midrange. On takeoff the nose dropped radically. Trimmed in lots of up elevator and a click of left aileron to get her flying straight. Flew some lines. Inverted horizontal flight I needed to push alot and vertical lines wanted to go off to the right and pull to the canopy. Landed and noticed the elevator had 8 degrees of up. My first thought was it's nose heavy but also maybe the wing incidence to stab is off. Checked the cg again and it is right on. Since the wing is set in the fuse I would need to correct the incidence of the horizontal stabs. Question is up or down at the leading edge and how much? Any other trime advice welcome as well as quirks of the aircraft.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Default RE: Incidence and trimming my QQ Yak 54 102"

Sorry about the problems you are having. Is this a GenI or GenII? Do you have access to an incidence meter? I'd like you to check the stab not the wings. If your stab incidence is off, please PM or email me. Also where is your CG at. Best CG is 8 1/2 from trailing edge to the wing tip.

Regards,
Reza
Quique's Aircraft Support
Old 04-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Icaro2004

ORIGINAL: Rezagh

Sorry about the problems you are having. Is this a GenI or GenII? Do you have access to an incidence meter? I'd like you to check the stab not the wings. If your stab incidence is off, please PM or email me. Also where is your CG at. Best CG is 8 1/2 from trailing edge to the wing tip.

Regards,
Reza
Quique's Aircraft Support

REZA,

I'm trying to figure out the incidence of the stabs. What it would be?. Should I level the plane to zero, then check the stabs?. I noticed that my plane torques right doing loops. I believe I have one stab higher than the other.
Will they have to be at centain degrees from the wings?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

You may need to have a little elevator to aileron mix (very little percentage of mix) but to answer your question, incidence should 0.5 degree.

Regards,
Reza
Old 04-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Icaro2004

ORIGINAL: Rezagh

You may need to have a little elevator to aileron mix (very little percentage of mix) but to answer your question, incidence should 0.5 degree.

Regards,
Reza

Reza,

0.5.% Deg with reference to the canopy line, correct?. I'll try elev to aileron mix.

Thanks for the advice.

BTW. Great customer service. I have the 102" GEN I. and I love it!!