Notices

New Somenized (TM) 69", Yak-54

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Speedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 69" QQ Yak-54

HI Brenner,

I probably have around 50 flights on mine. No issues as far as nitro getting in the fuse or engine box. I have been running OS 1.20AX.

Marlin,

On the gear, you might have one that has too much camber. Once we get more gears in stock, we will replace that for you. I don't think the 73" would solve your problem guys, please bear with us to get more of the 69" gears in stock. For now enjoy flying the plane We support our airplanes and our good customers like you Thank you for being patient on this issue and really sorry for these problems.

To tell you the truth, we have gone through 4 prototypes to get you a plane that you enjoy flying it every minute in the air and we did not want to settle for anything less. All those changes through prototypes were made to correct the issues, unfortunately the OEM used the old drawings and part number for some of these planes in production mistakenly.

I will keep you all informed once they are here.

Cheers and happy flying,
Reza
Old 08-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

HI Brenner,

I probably have around 50 flights on mine. No issues as far as nitro getting in the fuse or engine box. I have been running OS 1.20AX.

Marlin,

On the gear, you might have one that has too much camber. Once we get more gears in stock, we will replace that for you. I don't think the 73" would solve your problem guys, please bear with us to get more of the 69" gears in stock. For now enjoy flying the plane We support our airplanes and our good customers like you Thank you for being patient on this issue and really sorry for these problems.

To tell you the truth, we have gone through 4 prototypes to get you a plane that you enjoy flying it every minute in the air and we did not want to settle for anything less. All those changes through prototypes were made to correct the issues, unfortunately the OEM used the old drawings and part number for some of these planes in production mistakenly.

I will keep you all informed once they are here.

Cheers and happy flying,
Reza
Old 08-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Brenner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Reza,

I work in product development myself, (Washing machines, not airplanes. Not nearly as interesting ...) so I understand how challenging it can be sometimes to track & implement changes whiles parts are being tooled. Could you give us a list of the changes you made from the first prototype to the fourth prototype? Also, what parts did the OEM use the old drawings for?

Brenner ...
Old 08-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Rezagh

Brenner,

I can't list all of the mods but I can tell you that you guy should not worry about the design. Design is of the last prototype, only thing that is not is control horns and only on some not all the airplanes. It's the aileron and elevator horns.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 08-21-2007, 05:00 PM
marlin847
My Feedback: (23)

I got a phone call today from Wayne and he he said he will update me when the parts come in and then Quique got on the telephone and i chatted with him. Thats what i call customer service. Thats why i have purchased two of thee planes and would purchase another. They stand behind there product after the sale. Good job guys and gals. A company with class! I have had numerous chats with Reza these people at this company are first class.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Brenner

I agree, customer service at QQ Aircraft Co. is solid, and that's good. The other thing they have going is "Branding".

Everybody knows Quique's accomplishments, and that engenders a certain amount of trust with customers who are looking for planes that are designed & built to fly well. Ten years ago, if you wanted a good flying aircraft, you had either had to design and build it yourself, or buy a basic kit (foam cores & glass fuse..) from a "name" flyer, and build that. This was because planes & kits from any other source were designed and built by people who didn't always understand what was needed to make a plane fly well. Things like Stab Vertical Location, Rudder Centroid Vertical Location. Wing & Stab Incidence, Engine Right & Down Thrust. Wing Dihedral, CG, etc... Usually what you'd end up with was a plane that was too heavy, had huge rudder to aileron coupling, huge rudder to elevator coupling, and was speed sensitive so it wouldn't lock on to a line. Oh, and if you tried to put a motor with enough power into it it would be nose heavy, and would vibrate too much.

Hopefully, thanks to QQ Aircraft Co., those days are over. However, I am a little distressed to see some of these "wrong / bad part" issues. This kind of thing suggests a certain lack of attention to detail. I hope that the problems are limited, and that they can all be corrected soon.

Brenner ...
Old 08-22-2007, 10:56 PM
rc-plane

how will this plane do witha YS 1.10? I have a yak now that is snaps out of manuvers (sp?) and want fly slow so I thinking about getting a different brand yak. Does this plane fly slow and will it preform manuvers pretty slow. I was thinking about starting IMAC so is this plane good for starting out in IMAC and I also want to learn 3d so will this plane be a 3der? How is that single servo for the elevator? (i think that is for this plane). I was also looking at the AW yak but I think it might be a little on the chubby side for the 1.10.

thanks for your help

rc-plane
Old 08-23-2007, 04:57 AM
marlin847

did you watch the video? should answer all the questions.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 PM
rc-plane

no I dont think I did I might of what did he use for the video?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:45 PM
marlin847

click on the aircrat on home page and click on video. Marlin
Old 08-23-2007, 09:31 PM
rc-plane

He uses a os 120 so I think my 1.10 should be prette close to the 120 or better. I does look like if flies good and slow.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:33 AM
wino2004

I'm running a YS 110, prefect match with amazing power.

Maurice.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:21 AM
marlin847

wino how are you running the plane with the wrong control horns? How much deflection do you have? I am going to run a 120 4 stroke surpass. It is killing me not to be able to fly this aircraft. Marlin
Old 08-24-2007, 05:49 PM
wino2004

Marlin, I modified the control horns to give me the amount of throw needed. I sent Rega photos of how I did it.

I seem to have plenty of movement to enable me to do all I wish.

Yesterday, I recieved the new control horns and servo output arms from Iain at IAD Model Designs who I bought the model from in the UK. I shall fit these soon, this will involve cutting off the originals and making another slot next to them. But it is flying just fine for now.

Well pleased!!

I've not flown any other QQ model, but I'm converted.

Maurice.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:05 PM
rc-plane

Are you using the stock tank with the 1.10 and how much flying time are you getting?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Brenner

Reza,

Can you give us an update on the control horns, and the landing gear strut issues? Right now assembling my Yak 69" is on hold until I can get new control horns.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:40 PM
marlin847

Mine has been on hold Since Aug. 5, 2007 [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] I sure hope someone will be making this mistake right. This is my second plane the first went off with out a hitch. I am very disappointed at this point.[:@][:@][][][]
Old 08-27-2007, 02:25 PM
marlin847

Reza, i have now unwrapped the landing gear all the way and the paint is pealing off of it. [:@][:@][:@][:@] I will PM you!
Old 09-01-2007, 09:45 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you all think about this plane with a GMS 1.20. I have one lying around. Looks like I have to use a spacer for the exhaust to get to the pipe.

Too heavy?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Brenner

It probably depends on what kind of flying you want to do. 3D & precision flying are both easier with planes that have high power to weight ratios, & low wing loadings.

For instance, If you want to fly maneuvers that have verticals like in the current AMA Masters, or FAI F3D schedules, you are going to need enough power so that the plane doesn't fall off the vertical track, and at the top of a long vertical you have to have enough flying speed to pull, or push over to horizontal with a quarter loop that has the same radius as the quarter loop you flew when you pulled or pushed to the vertical. Also, you have to be able to do this regardless of the speed, or direction of the wind.

Wing loading is very important as well. The heavier the wing loading, the faster you have to keep the plane flying to maintain adequate airflow over the wings, stab, and control surfaces, and the faster your plane has to fly, the less time you have to fly the plane in a precise manner. A heavy plane isn't going to give you the time to line up, or fly, maneuvers precisely. It's also going pick up too much speed on the downlines, and then plow through the air when you pull or push out.

So, if your GMS 1.20 has less power, or weighs more, than the motors that are recommended, you have to be prepared to accept some of these compromises. However, the specs on the Yak 54 are really quite spectacular. If you use the recommended OS 1.20 AX you get a plane that weighs no more than 8.5 lbs, has a wing loading of 20.6 oz/ft^2, and has a motor the is rated at over 3 horsepower. So, if your plane comes out a little heavier, and with a little less power, it's likely that you'll still be very pleased with it's performance, and you'll never know what you're missing.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:46 PM
ben beyer

Reza

I'm thinking about getting one of these and I fly at 5000 ft. of elevation. Do you think an OS 120AX or a YS 110 would be a better choice? I'd like to practice both 3D and IMAC stuff.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Rezagh

Hi Ben,

I will have the answer to that question hopefully by next week. I have actually installed a YS 1.10 on the plane and will do a comparison soon. I am just too focused on the Python as it is very time sensitive.

I think both will have very similar power but one better for 3D, I will find out soon.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 09-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Brenner

Reza,

Can you tell us when we can expect to receive new control horns to replce the ones that came with the kit?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Rezagh

I am hoping we have them this coming week, I need to check with Quique and Wayne. They are attending DOGS show.
I will keep you inform ASAP.

Reza
Old 09-02-2007, 07:23 PM
cje0114
My Feedback: (27)

Will that include the new landing gear too?

The plane gets a little tippy while turning on the ground with the narrow space between the wheels.

BTW, I put on flight # 41 today. I got a short video of it. I'll try to get it posted later tonight.

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.