Notices

86" Arrival Date?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 06:57 PM
CHM
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86" Arrival Date?

Do you have a solid date when the 86" will get here?

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 03-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Default RE: 86" Arrival Date?

Chuck,

I need to check on that on Monday. I know they were in California this week. I would say end of next week but I will double check.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 03-10-2007, 02:04 AM
CHM

Thanks Reza! Will you have the DA parts in as well for the combos?

My check card is glowing....

Chuck
Old 03-10-2007, 05:32 PM
RCFREAK

So does that mean you will be taking money for kits next week?
Old 03-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Rezagh

I know Molly was confirming the orders starting middle of last week. If you guys are on the list and haven't heard from us yet, you will next week. We are completely sold out.

Thank you for your support eveyrone,
Reza
Old 03-11-2007, 06:34 AM
bladebender
My Feedback: (5)

so you have a second shippment have been told next week four two weeks now truck must have no gas to get from Cal.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:12 PM
RCFREAK

So all the people on the preorder list wont miss out?
I cant wait to hear from Molly, i want my QQ 86"
Old 03-11-2007, 07:40 PM
EduardoC

ORIGINAL: RCFREAK

So all the people on the preorder list wont miss out?
I cant wait to hear from Molly, i want my QQ 86"
ditto!
Old 03-11-2007, 07:48 PM
CHM

Me too! She told me I was on the list!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Rezagh

The 86" Yaks will be here next week. I am reluctant to give exact dates as we are given from the shipping company in case there are any changes in their schedule. We will start shipping them out as soon as we go over the shipments and have them ready for you. It's close guys! but please wait until we contact you in the order that we received your pre-orders. We will be doing this as fast as we can:-)

Regards,
Reza Gh.
Quique's Aircraft Support
Old 03-13-2007, 03:03 PM
EduardoC

hahahaa patience patience...

i guess im one of the last ones of the list! ahhaha. Molly still owes me those shipping rates hahahahahah. Take your time... well, not really.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:07 PM
octanehuffer

Just out of curousity, how did it come from an airplane that was supposed to debut in December, actually comes out in mid March? Wouldnt it be better to advertise an airplane when it is actually available? I am on the waiting list but possibly on the second shipment. Its already late in the year for building and I was hopeing to already have maidened this bird from the late Feb. promise. I was told mid April for the second shipment as well. I want this airplane, but if I have to keep waiting and waiting because of pushbacks, I will have to choose another company. Is this how the whole industry operates or just a select few? This is a new experience for me, so if I wanted the 120" Yak, would I have to wait 6 months after its expected arrival date of fall 07 to recieve one?
Adam
Old 03-13-2007, 08:24 PM
bladebender
My Feedback: (5)

do I here next week next week ?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:10 PM
KJKimball

Ocatane,

While I can in no way speak for this kit manufacturer or others, I can offer you my opinion based on similar feelings from clients in my business. Today, our society has become one of instant gratification. People hear of an item, like it, want it NOW. Email or fax it to me.... It is hard to accept the fact that design, testing, fabrication in bulk, transport and other factors take months or years to complete. Manufacturers are hung in the middle. They have to tell the world of new products as soon as possible to see if interest is there. If the interest is there and the maker has not tipped his hand to competition, he makes the product and offers it for sale. These same clients who want the product and create the market for it beg for a delivery date even if such a date is a pure guess. There are sooo many factors involved including redesign or manufacturing changes, mother nature, labor issues, etc., each of which can delay delivery in spite of the best of intentions. Great product late is better for all verses crappy product now.

In my business, I manufacture full size kit aerobatic biplanes, restore antique aircraft and build custom airshow airplanes. Deadlines and hard delivery dates are impossible to keep on such projects. We do a good job on kit delivery schedules but pad the times to allow for all those little things that crop up. In my case, we make kit parts in sets of 6. So, the guy who is slated to get #1 of 6 waits longer than the guy who comes to the wait list for #5 of 6. #6 guy has nearly no wait. In the case of RC models, I understand kit companies order anywhere from 70 or 80 units to several hundred at a time. So, the same delivery scheme applies where all of the batch is made before the first one is shipped. If I were to order an 86" today, my wait would be far less than the guy who was first on the list. In the great scheme of things, an extra month or two for a hobby item is not a big wait. If if was for a donor heart, well that is a different story....... As I understand RC kits, design, development, prototyping, testing, redesign, retesting and first batch production can take a year or more so the product is not even announced to the market until well into the devlopment and production process. A couple of months is not much of a stretch in timing.

To answer your questions more directly, it would not be better to only advertise after a batch of kits was in stock. Do the math and you will see how large the investment is to inventory a couple hundred airplanes. A business person needs to know the product will have a home before tying up all that money. I do think you can and will continue to see delays of new products throughout the RC industry as it is typical of these type products. Airframe kits, paint, radios, new servos, batteries, decals. Heck anything can and will take longer than the maker and customer would like. As in most industries, if you want the best from the best, you are not alone and it takes time to satisfy the many. In my business, you don't want to have work done by the guy who is begging for work. There is a reason why the best are very busy. Same in this industry.

Kevin Kimball
www.jimkimballenterprises.com
www.pittsmodel12.com
Old 03-14-2007, 07:48 AM
octanehuffer

I do understand the possible circumstances available for setbacks, but if the chances for dealy outweigh the probability of an on time arrival, why even give a date? I wont tell my customers that they will get there car back tomorrow knowing that a transmissoin will take a week to build, then call them back and say it will be available for pickup tomorrow, etc. Maybe I am too anxcoius and eager, but at the same time feel like a donkey with a carrot infront of my face. I was just wondering if the factory caught fire or the boat sank for some reason months ago. Its arrival date has been advertised about 5 times now, that means someone had either dropped the ball somewhere or extenuating circumstances have occured. Just wondering why. Best regards.
Adam
Old 03-14-2007, 06:21 PM
EduardoC

I personally prefer to wait and get a product with guaranteed quality than one that is fast build. I prefer one that is well glued, that one that will disassemble fast, afterall with a hefty price tag of 650 bucks, this no longer is a toy.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:37 AM
EMVIN

One thing that I have learned in this hobby is that when in a rush bad things happen. If the wait is to long there are numerous other choices out there. Soon enough we will all be disgusing how the build is going, maiden flights and performance. I spoke with Molly last week and was told they are on a train heading for Ohio. So those of us on the first list will probably be seeing them within the next to weeks+/-. ....EMVIN....
Old 03-20-2007, 12:06 AM
EduardoC

I just doubt that im in the first list now! i really hope i am. Rezarg, could you tell me if i am in it? Eduardo Cantú or EduardoC i dunno how im registered..
Old 03-20-2007, 09:21 AM
EMVIN

Edwardo, call Molly at QQ's office. She is the one with list.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:15 PM
EduardoC

Alright, thanks a lot.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Rezagh

Don't panic Edardoc. You will hear from us

Thank you,
Reza
Old 03-20-2007, 01:26 PM
EMVIN

REZAGH, the last I spoke with Molly ( last week ) the order was on a train heading for OH. Did it get there?
Old 03-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Rezagh

We will let you know as soon as we start shipping them Very SOON. Please wait for us to call you and believe me we are doing it as fast as we can.

Reza
Old 03-20-2007, 09:02 PM
EduardoC

hahaha i got all hardware now

just need the engine and airplane weeeeee

carbon fiber props are... "black and sexy" ahahah i mean, that beautiful finish of carbon fiber looks awesome, and that ultra light airwild spinner is awesome... hahaha i couldnt even stop the servos with the hand... can't wait :P, but i must .
Old 03-21-2007, 08:45 AM
EMVIN

I just started ordering the extras as well. I got Hitec5985's for ele and ail Hitec 5955 for the rudder. Also got a TBM 5200Ma Lion....EMVIN....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.