Search
Notices

49" Yak comments and questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:45 AM
BaronSchwab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 49" Yak comments and questions

First of all I would like to say that this is the nicest ARF I have ever seen. I got it delivered on Tuesday by UPS and I finished it Thursday. The construction is incredible. Very strong and lightweight. The assembly was very easy and straightforward. However I flew it last night and found a couple of problems. First the motor box seemed a little weak because after one flight I noticed that the wood, where the motor mount is bolted to, the ply seems to be separating. That will be a quick fix. I'll just put some thin ply sheeting on both sides and bolt the motor one. When I went to put the motor on the first time I noticed that the instructions said to use the supplied blind nuts to bolt the motor on. My plane did not come with any, so I used bolts and nylon nuts. My motor is the Hacker that QQ sells as a combo with the plane.

The other problem is the landing gear. (yet another one) I knew that the gear mount in the fuse was week, so the first thing I did to the plane when I got it was reinforce that area. I fly on a grass field. On my second landing, the landing gear snapped. The mount on the fuse was fine but the composite glass "leg" snapped off just above the wheel pant. I don't know if this was too much stress for the gear or not.

Overall I am VERY pleased with the quality and performance of the plane. Mine needed NO trim adjustments. I did a rolling circle right from the maiden take off.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49511.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	743792  
Old 08-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 49" Yak comments and questions

Hi There,

If you have not already contacted the company please email me your full name and address at [email protected]