Notices

Gen4 102 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 06:52 PM
RICK9303
My Feedback: (172)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen4 102 questions

Since the Gen4 is new, and doesn't have a updated manual yet, I need to know a couple of questions. First on the new tail wheel assembly, how does the rod from the tail wheel hook to the rudder. On the 101 build it looks like a rod coming from the rudder. I got a spring, and a screw, and 3 mounting screws. Any help here? Also if using the 2 battery JR Spectrum receiver, with 2 2700 batteries, do the batteries need to go up by the tank, if using a DA100 with cans?
Thanks Rick
Old 07-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gen4 102 questions

Rick,

As for the balance, leave the batteries right at the end. Place them loosely in the fuse until you achieve the proper CG. I can not tell you where the will end up, you have about 12-14oz of batteries, way heavier than what I had in the manual!

Now on the tail gear subject, the rod you see in the 101, is the rod that goes through the hinges, has nothing to do with the tail gear. I haven't constrained the rod just yet. Assembly is very simple, hook up the spring to the hook and perhaps pass it through the ball link at the bottom of rudder. Take a look at the 102 manual, instead of rod you have a spring. I am assumming that's how they had it in mind! I will look on the 101.

Thanks,
Reza