Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > Quiques Aircraft Support - CLOSED
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to get a kit version of your 73" Yak?

Community
Search
Notices

Is it possible to get a kit version of your 73" Yak?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Bernard
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to get a kit version of your 73" Yak?

As the smaller gas engines become more popular, there is a community of people that used to build early on in the hobby and have now matured and can invest the time to build again. There is also a void in the kit market for the YAK model, it can not be found and you have one of the best ARF Yak’s available. Has your company looked at the large kit market to see if this might be something they want to get into? As someone who likes to actually build kits, I wonder what the costs are to kit up the materials for an ARF and sell it as opposed to the finished ARF. I would venture a guess that the actual cost would be slightly less due to the covering and the assembly labor costs. I would think that your shipping costs may be slightly less due to the number of kits that can fit into the same space as an ARF.

I work in the software industry and have experience with the re-packaging of the same product to get into different markets. Even with a limited production run, I would guess that you could see an uptake of 50 to 100 new customers that are interested in kits as opposed to ARF's. I look at the recent re-introduction from a competitor of old 40 and 60 size kits that were released this year and have seen that these kits are back in the company catalog. I am forced to look at building another kit that isn't my first choice from the same company because of the lack of choice in the market. Your company has a very quality product and I think that you can fill a void that is in the market that other people are not addressing. I understand that packaging kits for the smaller size engines may be a dying market because those builders are now graduated to the larger planes and the beginner builder market is being replaced with ARF's. But I think that the 20cc to 50cc market may have evolved as the boomers are now having time to build as well as fly.

What if you ran a poll on the different forums like RCUNIVERSE or at the trade shows to see if there would be an interest in something like this? You could even drive people to your site for the poll as part of the ads presented in these communities. I think it might be worth a shot to see if you are leaving money on the table - especially if your costs to build the product are minimal. You already have a recognized quality brand that should help establish the market. If you can address a need in the market at minimal cost that drives sales in a shrinking economy, it might be something to consider.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:16 AM
buchermi

Default RE: Is it possible to get a kit version of your 73" Yak?

That's exactly my desire. Excellent quality kits based on high quality ARFs. Every time I buy an QQ ARF I wonder what joy it would be to build such a nice 3D puzzle myself.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Bernard

I am so glad there are others out there that feel the same way.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:10 PM
mdanner

Add me to the interested builder list. I like ARF's, but really enjoy kit building.

Keeps me off the streets ;o)>
Old 10-10-2008, 02:30 AM
Wildstyle

102" 100cc Yak as a kit set, then finishing could be done to my style. Not that there is any thing wrong will QQ ARFs. They are the best ARFs on the market, in my eyes anyway.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Bernard

I agree they have great ARF's. If they could kit the ARF's I think they would have the best of both worlds.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 AM
kochj

Good idea,
I only wish I had the time to do one....Hardly enought time to put a ARF together.