Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum
Reload this Page >

KCRC Fall Helicopter Fun Fly - October 23, 2010

Community
Search
Notices
R/C Helicopter Event Forum Discuss all the upcoming events here.

KCRC Fall Helicopter Fun Fly - October 23, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Valkyrie_1520

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KCRC Fall Helicopter Fun Fly - October 23, 2010

The Knox County Radio Control Club is proud to sponsor our 1st Annual Helicopter Fun Fly on Saturday, October 23rd. The Fun Fly is open to all R/C Helicopters.
Beginners are welcome. A separate training/hovering area will be available.

• $15.00 Landing Fee, pilots lunch included
• Pilots Meeting at 8:30am
• Open Flying from 9:00am—6:00pm
• On-site concessions available
• Swap Meet
• Raffle tickets for door prizes
• AMA Sanctioned
• Current AMA Membership Required to fly
• For more info, visit http://www.kcrctn.com or
Email: [email protected]

Directions to KCRC - 3298 Williams Bend Rd, Knoxville, TN 37932
GPS Coordinates—N35 56.808 W84 13.985

From Pellissippi Parkway (Hwy. 162)
Take the Hardin Valley Road exit off of Pellissippi Parkway/Highway 162 and drive west on Hardin Valley Road. After approx.
2.5 miles, turn right on Steele Road (just past Hardin Valley Elementary School). Drive approx. 1 mile and turn left
on Sam Lee Road.
Sam Lee Road turns into Couch Mill Road, and about 1 mile after you turn onto Sam Lee, Couch Mill Road turns sharply to
the left. Go straight at the turn. You're now on Williams Bend Road, and after about 2 miles, you'll see the entrance to
KCRC on your right (directly across from the water treatment plant on the left).

Getting to Pellissippi Parkway
From Oak Ridge, take Highway 62 through Solway and merge onto Pellissippi Parkway. From Knoxville, take I-40 West/I-
75 South and exit north onto Pellissippi Parkway towards Oak Ridge at exit 376.

Area Hotels
Comfort Suites (865) 675‐7585
Country Inn & Suites (865) 675‐9800
Holiday Inn Express (865) 966‐2500
Baymont Inn & Suites (865) 671‐1010
Old 10-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Valkyrie_1520

Default RE: KCRC Fall Helicopter Fun Fly - October 23, 2010

We are a little over 2 weeks away from a great event!!! Registration is now open.

Email registrations completed before midnight Wednesday October 20th will be entered in a drawing for a free gallon of 30% heli fuel. You must be present to win!

Please email [email protected] with your name, AMA#, number of pilots in your party and the number of spectators.

Primitive camping is available with a few powered sites (email for a powered site - first come, first served).

Thanks!!

Tim.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Valkyrie_1520

We have several great raffle items to give away! 2 Electric heli's, several gallons of 30% heli fuel and many other miscellaneous items that were donated by the local hobby shops.

Our pit is covered and has A/C electric charging stands for the electric flyers. We have individual flight stands for setting up your heli's.

We will be having a swap meet so bring all of the items that you would like to clear out of the hanger.

We will be grilling hamburgers and hot dogs with chili and baked beans for lunch.

The weather is looking great with sunshine and a high of 75. Bring your chairs and help us kick off our inaugural event successfully!!!!

Hope to see you there!

Tim.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Valkyrie_1520

I would like to personally thank everyone that made it out to our first annual event. We had some of the best pilots that I have ever seen. The weather was perfect the turnout was great and the event was a resounding success.

I would also like to thank all of the hobby shops and vendors that donated the items for our raffle. We had some really great prizes and I would like to make mention of them here:

HOBBYTOWN USA - Turkey Creek
TNT Hobbies - Oak Ridge
Performance Model Aviation - Knoxville
Performance Sports & Hobbies - Louisville TN.
Terry Moore / Airtronics

You guys are great!!! Thank you all!!!

Tim.