Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Skydiving Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 05:00 PM
mwallin85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skydiving Questions

A buddy of mine brought over a magazine the other day to show me an article on a Skydiver and I just thought that it looked really cool and wanted to find out some more info about it. The magazine showed the diver from rcskydiving.com and after looking there and some on here I thought i would like to give it a try.

My questions are there any Kits I could buy that are not so expensive? I don't really want to spend $250 on one and find out its not everything i thought it would be. Or does anyone have a nice used one they would like to sell?

Also another question is what are the flight characteristics like? What kinds of things should i be prepared for when I do this for the first time? I fly planes among other things so I'm not to worried but would like to know what exactly I am in for.

Also if there is anything you guys think i should know please give me a heads up!

Sorry for the long post,
Old 02-23-2006, 11:21 PM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Skydiving Questions

Hi,

I have been doing R/C skydiving for about 6 years now and I really enjoy it.
Most people just look at the price tag and say wow! that is expensive, and don't really look at how much work goes into designing and building them.
It takes a lot of trial and error to get the bugs worked out.
Just take the canopy for instance, all of the parts must be cut out, sewn together and then all of the lines have to be attached correctly to make the canopy perform.

Now, other things you need to think about.
Do you have a plane that will carry the skydiver or will that be another purchase?
I would say as a minumim, you need atleast a 60 size trainer set up with a drop box to fasten the skydiver to the plane and a release system.
Do you have some one to pilot the plane and drop the skydiver for you?
That may sound like a silly question, but there are 40 members in my club and I can only get one of them to help me.

Just some thoughts,

GaryV
Old 02-24-2006, 02:18 PM
mwallin85

I'm not worried about the planes since I have 3 and also have friends with another 6 planes so that isnt a big deal. As far as the price tag I dont mind spending the money if its something I like. I would just like to find a kit that I could pick up cheaper and put my own electronics in it. I was hoping someone could give me a heads up on something with a smaller price and some info how they fly.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:01 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I beleave my skydivers are the lowest price on the market for NEW. Let me first say, these are not "toys" made by people getting paid 50 cents an hour. These are 100% hand crafted in the US. The price comes from the long intense hours of hands on work. There is about 7 hours of sewing alone, and that doesn't include any rigging or assembly. We build every jumper with the quality as if it were our own.

As far as how they fly, I can only give you most peoples opinion that have expressed them to me. Usually the first word from someones mouth is "COOL" followed by "THATS AWESOME". I love the feeling of jumping from the plane, watching him freefall, and then opening the chute on command. It keeps you on the edge of your seat until the canopy is fully inflated. They are very easy to fly, don't get me wrong. But learning to hit a 2 foot circle can take real practice.

If you have always been intrigued about skydiving than more than likely you will be a future R/C Skydiver.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:27 PM
fredo

Guys, I aso have a question. When you drop your skydiver out of plane, how do you control his freefall before chute deployment? This is the first time I come across to rc skydiver. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Looping0031

Hello,
There's a pin in the jumper neck, when you move a switch on your transmitter than will open the backpack.
Another option is that the safetyline is locking the backpack when the plane is moving up, when de skydiver is released than he has also a free fall and to move a switch to open the canopy.
I will try to placed the pictures here.

Greetings
Old 12-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Looping0031

Here are the pictures for the release of the canopy, and the safetyline that stay on the plane. Two differend kinds, one with a microswitch and the another with a backpackrelease.(safety for the plane)

Greetings
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04968.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	1946174   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04970.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	1946176   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04971.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	1946177   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04975.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	1946178   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04974.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	1946179  

Last edited by Looping0031; 12-09-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Looping0031

Here is the inside of our skydiver.

Greetings
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pict0898.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1946186   Click image for larger version

Name:	springer2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1946187  

Last edited by Looping0031; 12-09-2013 at 11:21 AM.