Community
Search
Notices
Radio Manufacturer Direct Support Direct Reps from the largest radio manufacturers are here to answer your questions.

Tx/Rx compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 03:18 AM
pommy54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tx/Rx compatibility

Hi Folks
ive come back into rc after a fair break. I have a Flysky ct6b tx, a Turnigy 9x tx and an original rx for each. Theres also an assortment of orange r615x receivers and spectrum receivers.

does anybody have a list/table of what will bind with what (and maybe other brands as well?

Thanks for any help. Stay safe and well!
Old 11-16-2022, 05:09 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Welcome to the world of incompatibility. I think I saw a spreadsheet once with that information, but the manufacturer's planned obsolescence programs made the spreadsheet obsolete. It's so bad even staying with one manufacturer doesn't help. FlySky and Turnigy use a version of AFHDS but different versions aren't compatible. (AFHDS, AFHDS 2A, AFHDS 3). For example, your ctb6 has AFHDS while your 9x has AFHDS 2A. Your orange receiver is Spektrum DSM2DSMX compatible but even Spektrum has gone the way of newer, incompatible protocols. Ah profits.

On the plus side most of the cheap Chinese receivers sold by Banggood, HobbyKing, Banana Hobby and the other cheap online RC stores have AFHDS or AFHDS 2A so you have a transmitter that will work with them. Before buying a receiver always determine what protocol it uses. Otherwise, you may increase your already "assortment" of useless receivers.

OTOH, you could do what many here suggest and buy an expensive multi-protocol transmitter.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:34 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Your orange receiver is Spektrum DSM2DSMX compatible but even Spektrum has gone the way of newer, incompatible protocols.
We have? Unless you're flying an old JR transmitter or using an old DSM2 module, you're fine using our latest receivers. I use my NX10 to fly a very sentimental plane with an AR7000 in it. I wouldn't be doing that if there were an issue.

Andy
Old 11-17-2022, 04:55 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
We have? Unless you're flying an old JR transmitter or using an old DSM2 module, you're fine using our latest receivers. I use my NX10 to fly a very sentimental plane with an AR7000 in it. I wouldn't be doing that if there were an issue.

Andy
"Unless" I still want to use those many old receivers I spent a lot of money on years ago. Which, I think, is the point of this thread.
Old 11-17-2022, 05:06 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I get it. We're the bad guys because we have been supporting the same protocol since 2007, and two protocols since 2010.

Andy