Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

diffs for buggys which are best?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 01:12 AM
markymark
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diffs for buggys which are best?

i been out of rc for a couple of years i used to use toresn diff in my mbx5,but that was in 2005,which are the best diffs that i can buy at the moment?i got a new 1/8th buggy and want to up grade so which work best in 2011?and where can i get them for a good price?i am thinking of buying folrini diffs anyone useing them?or any info on converting normal diffs?[X(]
Old 02-04-2011, 07:26 AM
jmaxey51

Default RE: diffs for buggys which are best?

stock diffs are best. the other ones are a waste of money and take more maintenance and takes power away... changing diff oil is what 99% of people do, the other 1% change the diffs but IMHO its just to much money for little to no advantage.... what buggy you have? and why are you wanting to change diffs?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:59 AM
markymark

i got a mbx5 with torsens,and a new mbx5 standard,the torsens seemed to make a differences when i fitted them{that why i am thinking of fitting folirnis to the new car} but that was 5 years ago and things change,so what oil would you recomend for the new mbx? for the stanard mbx5 diffs?i also read about changing washers in the diffs,any info would be great,thanks
Old 02-06-2011, 12:29 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i run 10K in the center because i like the fronts to bite, 2K in the front and 5K in the back. i like to over-steer more than understeer.

i just got a OFNA "super torsen" center and have yet to try it out, i hope it helps with off-power turns.

i got the diff for $40 so if it was any more, i would stick with the reliable viscus stock one. im just hope its better on tires, because the jammin engine likes to eat them.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:18 AM
markymark

thanks,good info,i try the oils and might get one of the diffs if there fitt a mugen,does any one know about shiming out the diffs?
Old 02-07-2011, 06:15 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Markymark, shim your differentials nice and snug so they dont move around the diff case.
You can get all different size shims at your local hobby shop so you can do the job your self.
You'll find a PDF for your buggy if you type the make and model in YAHOO. Try MBX5 PDF and see what you come up with.
Hope this helps a bit.[8D]
Old 02-07-2011, 07:17 AM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

i run 10K in the center because i like the fronts to bite, 2K in the front and 5K in the back. i like to over-steer more than understeer.

i just got a OFNA "super torsen" center and have yet to try it out, i hope it helps with off-power turns.

i got the diff for $40 so if it was any more, i would stick with the reliable viscus stock one. im just hope its better on tires, because the jammin engine likes to eat them.
they give more on power turning... run 5-7-3 in your diffs, way way better than what you have now IMHO .... in my buggy i run 7-5-4 ... mugens i ran in the past i like 10-7-3 or whatever is in the m-spec, even 15-10-4or3 worked very well

Old 02-07-2011, 09:26 AM
markymark

thanks for the advice i be buying and trying this weekend,