Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

whats better losi 810 or hyper 7

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:02 AM
sickbat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats better losi 810 or hyper 7

Hi im thinking of getting a 1/8 scale buggy ,i live in australia and i dont want to race i just want to have a bit of fun with it ,the 2 local hobby shops are the distributors for hobao and the other for losi.any way i was thinking of getting either the losi 810 or the hobao hyper 7 and probaly a bump box down the track.any way parts will be easy for the hyper but not sure about the 810,I like the look of both of them but not sure of which 1 to get just yet and theres only $15 difference between the both, any replyswould be appreciated on which buggy would go better and which 1 would be stronger and what there pull starters are like thanks.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:14 AM
K_B

Default RE: whats better losi 810 or hyper 7

The Losi comes with a 2.4Ghz radio which is a big plus. But if you can't get parts for it locally, I'd go with the Hyper...
Old 04-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Anthoop

I have no experience of the Losi.
The Hyper I can recommend as I have 2 of them and think they are the toughest RC I have ever owned. Maybe not up to todays race standards..but ideal for fun or starting racing with.
Pull starts do not really vary in quality brand to brand and in general it is user error that makes them fail, short sharp pulls are the ticket.
No doubt both cars have their weak points, with the Hyper it would be the front knuckles and the servos.
Regarding the 2.4 ghz radio, in the UK the Hyper7 is now available with it. http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-hy...products/30403
Old 04-10-2011, 10:37 PM
lez1troubles

Best buggy makers on the planet are KYOSHO,LOSI and MUGAN.
Go for the LOSI if you cannt get the KYOSHO.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:19 PM
darr32

would a hyper 7 with a dynamite mach .26 engine i was wondiring if that would be fast because im looking to race it
Old 04-12-2011, 01:44 PM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: darr32

would a hyper 7 with a dynamite mach .26 engine i was wondiring if that would be fast because im looking to race it
It would be illegal.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:56 PM
darr32

i just called my local hobby shop and its perfectly legal
Old 04-12-2011, 03:50 PM
K_B

ORIGINAL: darr32

i just called my local hobby shop and its perfectly legal
Good on you for calling the track and finding out. Generally speaking, ROAR rules state that the biggest engine you can run in a buggy is a .21. But tracks have different rules many times.

That engine will not be all that fast and they don't get very good gas mileage. But if this is your first time racing, none of that matters. You'll be having too much fun to care. And more importantly, you'll need to learn how to get around the track smoothly before speed even becomes a factor.