Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Shock options for 1/8 buggies

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 07:15 PM
integricerocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock options for 1/8 buggies

hey guys i just bought an inferno ve and love it...other than the fact that i already bent a shock shaft. been doin some research and everyone points to the odonnell big bore shocks for it but im aprehensive on ordering them. no one has given any indication that they work or not or fit or not. to further my frustration i cannot find any info anywhere one what shocks will work with my buggy and i cant even compare lengths and sizes after measuring mine because no one gives any specs so i cant really buy in pieces. i thought about just biting the bullet and buying the kyosho big bore but according to their specs they arent the same as what i have now so im kinda stuck with a non functioning buggy that i have had for 36 hours (i ran it into my roomate....didnt see him)....okay so here we go. the part number for the rear is ODOC2675 its from the odonnell z01-b buggy and people say it will work but i dont have any confirmation. now comes the tough part. the front they no longer make a "kit" for it so i figured maybe the truggy set which is ODOC2698. any info would be greatly appreciated cuz im anxious to get this thing back up and running

David
Old 05-06-2011, 09:01 AM
jmaxey51

Default RE: Shock options for 1/8 buggies

ive seen them on the<meta charset="utf-8">inferno ve before. they work great. i used to run for O'donnell and they make one of the best shocks you can buy and they are cheap. now on the front, the truggy ones are far longer, they are even longer than the rear on the buggy. also make sure you get Z01B team shocks because the SG rear shocks are shorter. to get the front you will have to order them in pieces. they discontinued them because there was going to be a running change on the front shocks and thats still in the process due to hobbico and O'donnell splitting.

hope this helps some.
</meta>
Old 05-06-2011, 04:35 PM
integricerocket

awesome thank you for the info sir...i was gonna buy them in pieces but they dont have a seal kit on towers website but they have everything else for the z01b fronts ...so the z01b rears will indeed fit? if you know where i can get a seal kit...wait it just dawned on me that the z01t shocks are just longer so the z01t seal kit should work on the z01b front frankenstien kit correct?
Old 05-06-2011, 04:54 PM
integricerocket

here is my shopping cart on tower can anyone see if im missing anything? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wto0149p
Old 05-06-2011, 06:50 PM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: integricerocket

awesome thank you for the info sir...i was gonna buy them in pieces but they dont have a seal kit on towers website but they have everything else for the z01b fronts ...so the z01b rears will indeed fit? if you know where i can get a seal kit...wait it just dawned on me that the z01t shocks are just longer so the z01t seal kit should work on the z01b front frankenstien kit correct?
yes, you want the Z01B Team shocks, the SG shocks are different. and yes, for some reason they have always only listed the shock seal kit for the Z01T but its the same as the buggy and actually the same as their 13mm shocks also.

i cannot view your cart. but you need this for the front shocks:
Shock bodies,
shock shafts
shock ends
shock cartridges (aluminum if you can)
17mm shock pistons (not 16mm)
shock seal kit
shock cap (aluminum if you can)
also need the screws for shock shaft and snap ring

i think thats all you'll need, also you may need the shock stand offs, but the ones you have already may work also.

just addded info: Blue springs=soft , greysprings= medium, and whitesprings=hard

Old 05-06-2011, 07:06 PM
integricerocket

wow man thank you very much for the info i think i have everything im just worried cuz some of the parts that i have on my list dont say big bore and there arent any specs on the site...these are the part numbers that i have in my cart ready to go
LXUPK0 LXWDT1 LXUPK2 LXUPL0 LXUPU7 LXWDX7 LXWDY5 LXWDY7 LXWDY3 LXUPK9

dont really wanna drop 90 bucks on half of what i need i appreciate the help man i really do
Old 05-06-2011, 07:30 PM
jmaxey51

wow man thank you very much for the info i think i have everything im just worried cuz some of the parts that i have on my list dont say big bore and there arent any specs on the site...these are the part numbers that i have in my cart ready to go
LXUPK0 LXWDT1 LXUPK2 LXUPL0 LXUPU7 LXWDX7 LXWDY5 LXWDY7 LXWDY3 LXUPK9

dont really wanna drop 90 bucks on half of what i need i appreciate the help man i really do
<meta charset="utf-8">LXUPK0 - is for 13mm shocks
<meta charset="utf-8">LXWDT1 - is correct
<meta charset="utf-8">LXUPK2 - is 13mm shocks , you need<meta charset="utf-8">LXWZE0[/b],</meta>[/b]
<meta charset="utf-8">LXUPL0 - 13mm shock shafts (have used them in a pinch before tho)
<meta charset="utf-8">LXUPU7 - is correct (dont need these if sense your getting LXUPK9)
<meta charset="utf-8">LXWDX7 - is correct
<meta charset="utf-8">LXWDY5 - is correct
<meta charset="utf-8">LXWDY7 - correct
<meta charset="utf-8">LXWDY3 - correct (i dont think you will ever use blue, they are to soft IMO)
<meta charset="utf-8">LXUPK9 - correct
need these<meta charset="utf-8">LXXST0,
[/b]
ill try to figure out the other parts you need that are for 13mm, they changed up part numbers and such and right now parts are a little limited because hobbico and OD split.

i dont know why the</meta></meta></meta></meta></meta></meta></meta></meta></meta></meta></meta><meta charset="utf-8" /><meta charset="utf-8" /> keeps popping up LOL
Old 05-06-2011, 08:35 PM
integricerocket

i think the stockers are 13mm and big bore is 16 right? i appreciate the help man if you find me a shopping list i would appreciate...i am double checking all this stuff before i buy them it seems LXWZE0 is alot shorter than the LXWDY1 is that right? ugh this sucks it doesnt seem that odonnell makes big bore shafts which is kinda what im after seeing as how i bent the ones ive got...anyways thanks for the hlep man cant thank you enough and once we gather this info i am going to save it so i know for future catastrophic failure.

just found these LXWZE1 big bore shock shafts front for the z01b...i think i couldnt see straight after looking at that same list for hours
Old 05-06-2011, 08:42 PM
integricerocket

LXWDT1 LXWDX7 LXWDY5 LXWDY7 LXUPK9 LXWZE0 LXWZE1 LXWDT0 new and improved parts list...still confused on the body but i think i have everything...could be completely wrong though...wouldnt be the first time
Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 PM
jmaxey51

i think the stockers are 13mm and big bore is 16 right? i appreciate the help man if you find me a shopping list i would appreciate...i am double checking all this stuff before i buy them it seems LXWZE0 is alot shorter than the LXWDY1 is that right? ugh this sucks it doesnt seem that odonnell makes big bore shafts which is kinda what im after seeing as how i bent the ones ive got...anyways thanks for the hlep man cant thank you enough and once we gather this info i am going to save it so i know for future catastrophic failure.

just found these LXWZE1 big bore shock shafts front for the z01b...i think i couldnt see straight after looking at that same list for hours
big bore is 17mm, you can make them 16mm with a 0.5mm thick sleeve they made for the team option buggy, but those sleeves are HARD to get. and LXWE0 are the ones you want. the LXWDY1 are for the first gen buggy for upgrade. and LXWZE1 are the shafts you want!

Old 05-06-2011, 09:29 PM
jmaxey51

LXWDT1 LXWDX7 LXWDY5 LXWDY7 LXUPK9 LXWZE0 LXWZE1 LXWDT0 new and improved parts list...still confused on the body but i think i have everything...could be completely wrong though...wouldnt be the first time
thats is everything, but you need the shock caps and cartridges too and blatters... LXUPK1, LXWDZ3, and LXXST0 ... oh and shockadjusters: LXWDV6

i think thats it... it will be more buying seperate but it will be worth it, the OD shocks are great! very tough... i would buy the truggy manual so you can see how they are built, the buggy manual i think only has the 13mm shocks and they are built different.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:48 AM
subbass
My Feedback: (13)

Why don't you just get the OEM parts from kyosho?
Old 05-07-2011, 11:57 AM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: subbass

Why don't you just get the OEM parts from kyosho?
because the stock ones bend left and right, i know the guy that had one would bend a shock everytime he ran it so he got OD shocks too... and plus the kyosho big bores are alot more $$$

Old 05-07-2011, 02:17 PM
integricerocket

awesome man...it seems i can get all the parts from tower except the shock cartridges gotta go on the hunt for them...but those arent really a replace item they are kindof a one time buy right?
Old 05-07-2011, 02:37 PM
integricerocket

okay this should be the last list...again i cant thank you enough for all your help you are the only one that has even remotely tried to help and you just hand me a list of everything i need man i really appreciate it LXWDT1 big bore seal set z01t LXWDX7 shock set z01b rear LXWDY5 springs LXWDY7 springs LXUPK9 shock rod end set z01b LXWZE0 shock body set bb front z01b LXWZE1 bb shock shaft front z01b LXWDT0 shock parts set big bore z01t LXWDZ3 shock cap big bore aluminum z01t z01b LXXST0 shock cartridge big bore z01t/b aluminum LXWDV6 shock adjust ring big bore z01t LXWDT5 shock bladder big bore z01t/b
Old 05-07-2011, 03:07 PM
subbass

Your friend bends shockshafts left and right?Sounds like improper use to me,Why don't I have that problem?Everybody is quick to blame the car and not themeselves.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:50 PM
integricerocket

i bent mine pretty easily but i deserved it lol i ran it headlong into my roomates stampede haha i have read alot before i bought it that the shock shafts and shock ends bend/break pretty easily but yea def improper use or terrible driving is def a probability
Old 05-07-2011, 03:52 PM
jmaxey51

okay this should be the last list...again i cant thank you enough for all your help you are the only one that has even remotely tried to help and you just hand me a list of everything i need man i really appreciate it LXWDT1 big bore seal set z01t LXWDX7 shock set z01b rear LXWDY5 springs LXWDY7 springs LXUPK9 shock rod end set z01b LXWZE0 shock body set bb front z01b LXWZE1 bb shock shaft front z01b LXWDT0 shock parts set big bore z01t LXWDZ3 shock cap big bore aluminum z01t z01b LXXST0 shock cartridge big bore z01t/b aluminum LXWDV6 shock adjust ring big bore z01t LXWDT5 shock bladder big bore z01t/b
yep, i believe that is it. and yes cartridges is a one time buy def if you get the aluminum ones. i only had one plastic one break but that was my fault, forgot to put the droop screw in the arm when i put new arms on my Z01T

Old 05-07-2011, 03:54 PM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: subbass

Your friend bends shockshafts left and right?Sounds like improper use to me,Why don't I have that problem?Everybody is quick to blame the car and not themeselves.
it was just a guy at the track, everytime he ran he took it to his trailer and i saw him replacing a shock shaft. he wasnt a bad driver either, they are weak compared to others.

Old 05-07-2011, 04:19 PM
subbass

I have a savage x that uses only 3mm shockshafts and I only use four shocks instead of eight and I have not bent or broken one yet.Don't get me wrong I beat on my sav but not to the point of breaking.The sav is a very good bashing machine but everything has its limits.Even if I put 5mm shockshafts on my sav does not mean I will not break or bend them,Will it help yes,But will running into somthing at 20mph with with any practical sized shaft still bend?Yes.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:13 PM
lez1troubles

WWW.INFERNOSONLY.COM if you need anything else.[8D]
Old 05-12-2011, 12:02 PM
integricerocket

wanted to give a big thanks to jamaxey51 just got my shocks installed..pretty easy to build snap ring pliers make life easy...only thing i was missing was 2 3mm washers for the bottom of the piston but other than that it went really well...i have alot more ride height (arms are pretty much level)...gettin ready to go out and run it but yea big thanks to jmaxey51 and his knowledge about the odonnell shock system couldnt have done it with out ya thanks man
Old 05-12-2011, 03:01 PM
jmaxey51

wanted to give a big thanks to jamaxey51 just got my shocks installed..pretty easy to build snap ring pliers make life easy...only thing i was missing was 2 3mm washers for the bottom of the piston but other than that it went really well...i have alot more ride height (arms are pretty much level)...gettin ready to go out and run it but yea big thanks to jmaxey51 and his knowledge about the odonnell shock system couldnt have done it with out ya thanks man
No problem, glad i could help and glad you are happy with them, they are great shocks.... i used to run for O'donnell so i did alot of testing and breaking these shocks apart LOL still run for their Fuel team though.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:12 PM
integricerocket

haha i had the first test run today...ride is weird goin through the yard it looks more stiff and the body bounces...but when i drop it from a small height and jump it it lands pretty soft...i am running 40wt losi oil and have medium springs with the collars all the way at the top...so far i really like it...need to take it off some proper jumps to get the pre load and bound and rebound set
Old 05-13-2011, 07:30 PM
jmaxey51

haha i had the first test run today...ride is weird goin through the yard it looks more stiff and the body bounces...but when i drop it from a small height and jump it it lands pretty soft...i am running 40wt losi oil and have medium springs with the collars all the way at the top...so far i really like it...need to take it off some proper jumps to get the pre load and bound and rebound set
40wt is a little stiff for these shocks. unless you drill the pistons out 0.1mm bigger... 35wt was the max. i think the guy that had them on his kyosho said he ran 32.5 front and 30 rear.