Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Help a Noob please. opinion on Buggies.

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Help a Noob please. opinion on Buggies.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 12:25 AM
ron-e

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a Noob please. opinion on Buggies.

Hello all. I'm gettng back into the RC world after a long hiatus. I used to race 1/10 Stadium Trucks. I sold everything when I lost my job due to the economy. I always wanted to get into 1/8 buggies, even back then. I found a few buggies on eBay and need help deciding which is the overall best deal. Thank you for any and all help . Ron

Used Kyosho MP777 w/ OS .21 V-Spec. My top choice because I know OS motors, how easy can you get parts?.>>>>[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220782780780&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/link]

Used Ofna Ultra LX one w/LRP .30 Spec 2>>>>>>>[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330564082837&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/link]

New Jammin X1X RTR stock>>>>>>>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Slightly used Ofna Ultra LX2 stock>>>>>>>[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220782328099&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/link]

Thanks again for your help. Ron

Old 05-14-2011, 01:39 AM
doug702
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Help a Noob please. opinion on Buggies.

check out xtm xt2 i have one and it has been an awesome buggy and very well built
Old 05-14-2011, 01:49 AM
ron-e

Thanks Doug. I have read a lot of forum posts here and there and XTM is always mentioned. I'll check and see if they have them. My price range is $300-$400. Thanks again, Ron
Old 05-14-2011, 06:27 AM
rccheech

Local parts support is a big plus on your decision when buying an r/c.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:53 PM
ron-e

ORIGINAL: rccheech

Local parts support is a big plus on your decision when buying an r/c.
Unfortunately, there is only one Hobby shop here and it isnt good at all. We still have the same track up and running though. It's called "The Badlands in Mrytle Beach" you can find it on YouTube. I have to order everything online or drive to Wilmington NC to a great hobby shop about an hour away. I like the Kyosho but, with it being discontinued, I don't know how long I can get parts for it. Ron
Old 05-14-2011, 03:52 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the jammin is $69 more expensive in that auction than at amain, and other hobby shops where you can usually get free shipping, and use a $15 off coupon

I got a jammin x1x its a damn good buggy. I have 0 complaints on it, except the stock servos suck ass(but the stock servos on most RTRs blow)
Old 05-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

Go electric.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:51 PM
lez1troubles

If you get the KYOSHO you can find spare parts for it at WWW.INFERNOSONLY.com.
I still get parts for my MP777 and MP7.5 Kanai 2 and MP7.5 mk3, my son gets his parts for his MP9 there also.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:37 PM
bdf777

The XTM XT2 is definitely one to consider!! I've had a mine for 2 years and the only two things that I have had to replace were a stripped spur gear and a couple of suspension arms(because I crashed into a tree!!!). I know that in the UK i can easily find this model new for about the equivalent if $350, so it's within your budget. (Not sure how much it cost in the US though)

If you're getting a second hand car of eBay, make sure that it has been well maintained because i fell into the trap of buying a crap second hand car off a friend (Acme Condor) and i've had to put more money into repairing it than I did to buy it in the first place!!

Anyway, hope you find a nice car for the price that you're looking for.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:10 PM
MX250

from your choices & if you are looking into racing then Kyosho MP777 would be the ticket..
Old 05-30-2011, 10:31 PM
lez1troubles

Hi MX250, your sponsered aint you???
Cannt you get him a GS STORM for a decent price???
Dont you have one laying round gathering dust tucked away under your bed just waiting for some poor dude to come along who wants to join the fun???
C'mon MX, have a hart and sell him a buggy, it'd be great for the GS image and makes the group bigger.