Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

just bought a used hyper 7... WOW

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 03:34 PM
motoxic2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a used hyper 7... WOW

picked up a very slightly used hyper 7 today and took it out for a spin, it was already broke in so all i needed to do was beat it up a little bit, first tank of fuel it was a rocket handling was far better than my 2wd ST's and speed was there too. i refilled the tank and through it on the track it was a little bit sluggish and boggy so i leaned it out a little bit and it turned into a rocket again the track was tacky and it hooked up good a little too good for what im used to but it hauled out of courners and took jumps really well. i cant wait to get it on a better track tomorrow and see what its really capable of, any modifications or track tunning tips and driving tips for a 4wd would be great.

Also im having trouble with my nitro firestorm i had it at the track last week and it ran great, i tried to start it today and it would not fire i tried a new plug, new fuel, new air cleaner, no air cleaner, 2 diff glow starters that started my buggy and nothing could start it i also tried no fuel filter, it gets plenty of fuel but it just wont start, the guy at the hobby shop gave me a medium plug to put in it but i usually use lc3 hots but they would not start it either, anyone have an idea?
Old 11-03-2012, 06:27 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: just bought a used hyper 7... WOW

Congrats on your new buggy. It's a great buggy and incredibly durable as any owner will tell you. Assuming you have the Mac* .28, I've found that to be the most temperamental of the engines I own (meaning it loses its tune due to weather or whatever) but even then I only re-tune once every 5-10 runs.

Only problems I've had with mine have been a slightly bent universal joint (expensive part), pull-start came loose after a bad crash, and rx receiver periodically losing its bind (but that went away once I re-arranged the wiring).

Additionally if you are the type to take engine temps, mine runs hot (285-295) at its optimal tune. Freaked me out at first, but then figured that is just the way it is. ;-)

Are you planning on racing yours?
Old 11-04-2012, 05:16 AM
motoxic2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just bought a used hyper 7... WOW

Yea I was surprised it needed a little tweaking but my hpi is similar its hard to get it happy, I have a temp gun so ill check it out when I run it today and let you no, I don't plan on actually racing it i don't have a whole lot of time so it's just for practice days when I can get to the track thanks for the reply as always!